Skip to main content

When I went to remove the Google Play service using the Sonos Windows app, I was prompted for my Sonos credentials. A few questions follow:

-Why am I required to authenticate to Sonos to change a local configuration?

-Is Sonos storing my services configurations in their cloud? If so, how do I opt-out or disable this?

-How do I sign out of the Sonos Windows app?

Thx

Lots of settimgs are behind password protection, to stop changes that you might not  wish to be made being made without YOUR  authorisation,  for example by children.

This is for your protection. 

This sort of protection is usually applied when a controller device connects for the first time or for the first time in a while.

I have no idea if Sonos store your config details. I doubt it, don't care, and this has got nothing to do with that anyway. 

My understanding is that requiring your credentials for certain actions on your system is for security. Would be happy for someone to correct this if I am mistaken.

Sonos collects, stores and shares information about your account and activity, you can read about it here: https://www.sonos.com/en-us/legal/privacy#types-information

FYI you can block some of the telemetry by blocking some sonos domains at your router such as msmetrics.ws.sonos.com (or add this regex filter if your blocker supports it ^.*metric.*\.sonos\.com$ )

Btw, you are not removing the service from the app  you are removing it from your system using an app.