Answered

Amazon Prime Music stop working, won’t re-authorize properly

• 20 November 2022
  • 12 replies

My Amazon Prime Music just stopped working.  Had been working for several years.  The account is not authorized.  I’ve tried to reauthorize, and seems to complete but it is not ‘authorized’ when finished.  Have tried deleting Amazon Music from ‘Music and Services’ and then re-adding it and seems to complete fine.  But then it is not authorized.

Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 21 November 2022, 12:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @David-Texas-Dallas 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

That is strange - there have been some changes to Amazon Prime recently, but you should still be able to play/browse.

I would certainly suggest rebooting your phone and Sonos devices and trying the remove/add steps again, but if that doesn’t help I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports. They can also compare, on your system, a test account with your own.

I hope this helps.

Thank you.  I rebooted my iPad but not the Sonos devices. I’ll try that and if it does not work, will contact the technical support.  Thanks so much.

I just worked this very same issue through with support (Daniel T) and got things back to working.  Here’s the steps I followed.

1. Remove the music service from the Sonos app
  2. Log out of all of the Amazon apps on my phone, don’t forget to logout of Amazon in the browser on the phone too.
  3. Logout of the Sonos app (may not be required, but I did this for good measure)
  4. Login to Sonos app (only if you logged out already)
  5. Add the Amazon Music back to Sonos app through settings.  You’ll end up logging back in to Amazon within your phone’s browser.
  6. Voila…  Well it was for me, hope that works for you too!

I tried this latter one , but it didn’t work for me. Have been using prime on my Sonos  one for ages. But now “request operation failed” comes up 

Well my “fix” seems to still be working, but only in that I can still select Amazon Music.  Every couple of weeks I’ll find my Play:5 happily chiming away instead of playing music, so there’s clearly some sort of timing issue between Sonos and Amazon.

@Support can you take another swing at working with Amazon on a longer term fix please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @SWBOS 

Well my “fix” seems to still be working, but only in that I can still select Amazon Music.  Every couple of weeks I’ll find my Play:5 happily chiming away instead of playing music, so there’s clearly some sort of timing issue between Sonos and Amazon.

If an alarm is involved, it may help to simply shift the alarm time by a couple of minutes - as most alarms are set for on the hour or half past, it’s not inconceivable the server that the station resides on is having trouble answering so many simultaneous requests.

@Support can you take another swing at working with Amazon on a longer term fix please?

Not without confirming an actual issue exists - which is why it’s best to call in to technical support

Edit: I was thinking of radio - Amazon should be able to respond to a few alarm clocks. It could be a DNS resolution issue - the DNS servers used can be adjusted in your router settings. This is only a guess, however - I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I have managed to get Amazon music working for open to all playlists but not my playlists in my library  within it. Amazon music app is working fine 

Thanks for your support 

This was my misunderstanding of Amazon prime terms , which must have changed . I used to be ably to play it on my Sonos with a basic prime membership, but it now appears that my Sonos counts as an extra device to my phone and therefore I have to have unlimited to play it on my Sonos. It’s tricky keeping up with all these changes and every time it changes, obviously it cost more money but hey Ho 

I am having the same problem. all services work ok, Pandora, Sonos Radio, Amazon (Basic service). However only my “created playlist” on Amazon will not play through sonos. Sonos support said something about that its on the cloud and won't play unless I download to my computer first. That does make sense to me since all the other perset playlist come from the cloud. 

Does anybody know if I pay for the Amazon Unlimited, will I get My Playlists to play on Sonos,

Thanks 

Yes that’s what Ive done . Well at least Ive done a months free trial to check it works and it has this afternoon 🤞

sometimes these things work for while and then something else changes 🤦‍♀️

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Kimmyr & @JeffZ 

We are aware of an issue affecting playback of certain purchased content within Amazon Music playlists and have reported it to Amazon.

I used to be ably to play it on my Sonos with a basic prime membership, but it now appears that my Sonos counts as an extra device to my phone and therefore I have to have unlimited to play it on my Sonos.

I too have Amazon Prime and was just able to play two different streams from Amazon to two Sonos rooms simultaneously, so I’m not sure that’s accurate. Is it the same if you try to play unpurchased tracks?

They have changed things considerably, however - they significantly increased the amount of tracks available on Prime, but removed the ability to play specific tracks unless you pay for their Unlimited tier.