Answered

After 15.8.1 upgrade, all music services disappeared.

• 21 September 2023
  • 69 replies

Userlevel 1

I have just updated the software to 15.8.1 as it requires update to my Sonos Roam and then after the update, all music services disappeared and even my NAS musics are unplayable.

Moderator note: We updated this article in October 2023 with new information below.

This behavior was due to a Sonos cloud outage at that time that is now resolved. Therefore we closed this topic.

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 21 September 2023, 10:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

69 replies

Userlevel 7

Delete and reinstall the Sonos app and reboot your phone.

Userlevel 1

Delete and reinstall the Sonos app and reboot your phone.

Same. 😔

Userlevel 7

Try rebooting your router.

Userlevel 1

Try rebooting your router.

I have done it as well.  The NAS musics are now accessible but not the other music services.

Userlevel 1

I am not sure if it’s only me having this issue?

After the upgrade, in the Android app, i had almost the same problem:

- Luckly, i didn’t lost the NAS acess (i have a QNAP)...

- But, at first, all music services disappeared. I recovered the acess to the music services that i had previously signed, opening the PC Sonos app. Then, by “a miracle”, they showed up in the Android app.

- Finally, i needed to reboot the Android phone for the new music services to show up in the app (previously, the list was empty).

And… “Everything is well, when it ends well”!

Userlevel 1

After the upgrade, in the Android app, i had almost the same problem:

- Luckly, i didn’t lost the NAS acess (i have a QNAP)...

- But, at first, all music services disappeared. I recovered the acess to the music services that i had previously signed, opening the PC Sonos app. Then, by “a miracle”, they showed up in the Android app.

- Finally, i needed to reboot the Android phone for the new music services to show up in the app (previously, the list was empty).

And… “Everything is well, when it ends well”!

Lucky for you.  Same issue with my other IOS devices and PC Sonos app.  Only my Synology NAS is working fine.

Same for me, I woke up and realized I’m logged out and all services added were removed. All I can add is Last.fm and TuneIn.

how to downgrade the system to continue using Sonos??

I downloaded latest version again and all services returned back

Same here, rebooted Android phone, uninstalled S2 app, reinstalled but still no music service to choose just last fm radio, how the heck have they managed to screw up a software update by loosing the option of adding back your music service, never mind wiping out the ones that you had already set up.

I am having the same issue. All music services lost except for tunein.  Reinstalling app on iPhone hasn’t worked.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Same problem here. No services as from this morning, last night everything worked fine. 

Rebooting router didn't work and reinstalling the S2 controller also didn't work but after unplugging one of the speakers and plugging it back in everything seems to work as usual and all services are back in the controller. 

I had the same but checked system updates and it told me the Sonos app needed updating from the App Store, after that my services all appeared again.  I’m IOS.

Same issue.  All music services disappeared.  Logged out and back in. Reinstall app. Tried different device.  🤬

I’ve got the same issue but haven’t upgraded yet.

Same issue this morning. Unplugged connect and restarted - all services restored in S2 controller 

Userlevel 3

Same issue here, but no connect. Rebooting didn't fix it.

Same problem here. No services as from this morning, last night everything worked fine. 

Rebooting router didn't work and reinstalling the S2 controller also didn't work but after unplugging one of the speakers and plugging it back in everything seems to work as usual and all services are back in the controller. 

This worked for me. Samsung Galaxy s22. Just switched off the power to my Play 1. Closed s2 app. Turned play 1 back on. Opened app and, once the play 1 was registering again, all my services had returned. 

Phone restart no help. App re-installation no help. Disconnecting power from one speaker for 10s brought back youtube music.

Same here, S1 app with play5 gen 1 lost all services over night.  After cutting power to the play 5 and rebooting s1 app all services appeared again. 

Yes I think best solution could be to cut power briefly to any speaker and see if that fixes controller - not sure why that would work but it did fir me

Same issue. Can we have an update from someone to Sonos about when there will be a software fix after?

Same issue. All streaming services disappeared overnight from both iOS app and the MacOS app. Impossible to play anything on my system

Oddly the app update on my MacBook Air is also failing to run. Not sure if this is related

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Same here. Updated app. No difference. Went to system update and it said update needed. When I selected “update now”, it seemed to just update the app again but then all back to normal , even on another device.