Question

16.0 software for Windows

Userlevel 1

Can you download the 16.0 software for Windows and roll back from this horrendous software update?

Otherwise, I think that outsourcing their software division to a competitor has worked, it has given the competitor more sales.

10 replies

Sonos’ Windows installer doesn’t bother cleaning up after itself, if you look in the folder “C:\Users\name_of_your_admin_account\AppData\Local\Downloaded Installations” you will find folders containing MSI installers for the older versions you have previously installed. Note that you may have to show hidden folders to be able to see those folders

As an alternative, here’s a direct link to Sonos older windows application:

https://update-software.sonos.com/software/nvasc21FQF/Sonos_78.1-51030.exe

Can you download the 16.0 software for Windows and roll back from this horrendous software update?

Otherwise, I think that outsourcing their software division to a competitor has worked, it has given the competitor more sales.

What makes you think Sonos outsourced their software division to a competitor?

I’ve installed older versions both on Windows and Android and they don’t work. As I open them, connect to my Sonos sytem, and then I get a message saying “This sofware needs to be updated” (or something like that) and it won’t let me do anything, I just HAVE to update. Any work around this? 

I still CANNOT believe Sonos has scr€wed up so much. If I can’t listen to MY music with Sonos, it will be a GOODBYE for me (and soooo many other users). And they’ve not even explained the reason behind this. Ridiculous!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@DiegoPC 

Run the update and see where you are. Anything else is speculation.

@DiegoPC

Run the update and see where you are. Anything else is speculation.

I did… Now it crashes. I uninstalled it, cleared everything, restarted the phone, installed the current version from Google Play store, and it’s still crashing… Ugh

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Last week’s speaker firmware update impacted many Android users. But maybe tomorrow’s potentially major app update will sort that out. Give it a try when it goes live.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I did… Now it crashes. I uninstalled it, cleared everything, restarted the phone, installed the current version from Google Play store, and it’s still crashing… Ugh

Hi @DiegoPC, here’s the skinny on the latest snafu crashing the Android app …

Hi @DiegoPC, here’s the skinny on the latest snafu crashing the Android app …

Thank you! However, the ONLY reason why I want to use the Sonos app is to listen to the music in MY library, which I can’t even access anymore. Sonos needs to address this ASAP, it’s UNACCEPTABLE.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

As mentioned, app update tomorrow, which will address library issues apparently. Whether they will address all of yours is tbc.