• 71 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Anyone updated yet?

Any issues?

71 replies

Anyone updated yet?

Any issues?

I just downloaded it yesterday. But I noticed some YouTube videos were running on PCM and now they are in Dolby Digital Plus. So they sound great. 

Badge +1

14.20.1 has capped my Sub/bass again, I've had auto updates off since the 14.12 debacle, it was fixed to  a degree with 14.18 but my loudness setting stopped working in the process of that update, I felt we were on the right track and was happy enough with the sound and thought the loudness setting would be fixed in the next update, that didn't happen but I was happy with my living room sound (Arc, Sub gen3, Sl ones) stupidly I bought a Sub mini for my other room set up (Beam 2 One sl's) and was forced to update the whole system to add the Sub mini to 14.20.1 since then my main room with the Arc has lost bass impact, overall sound stage has taken a step back, I'm really regretting I ever stepped into this Sonos world, when it's good, it's really good for a convenient wireless solution but with these constant updates ruining the experience and the fact they are forced updates if you buy a new product has become too much, why don't they just leave it alone…. 

Not sure if you had solved this issue yet, but in the past and till this day I completely reboot my sonos speakers after firmware updates. I’ve had it fix issues in the past with audio after firmware upgrades. I also wait to retune if needed from the upgrade after the restart is complete.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Where is Peter Pee when we need him?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

He is rebuilding his studio and doing some construction work. He’ll be back soon.

Badge +1

He is rebuilding his studio and doing some construction work. He’ll be back soon.

Been wondering why we haven’t seen anymore videos regarding the last two updates.

Userlevel 1

I am having an issue after updating - using, so far, Amazon music and deezer there has been a random stop/pause of the music I’m playing.  Just stops.  No rhyme or reason.  Wth ?!

Most likely a duplicate IP address issue, brought in by your router handing out incorrect data when the Sonos reboots. 

Unplug all Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. After waiting two minutes, plug back in your Sonos devices. Give them a couple of minutes to reboot and reconnect, then test. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Most likely a duplicate IP address issue, brought in by your router handing out incorrect data when the Sonos reboots. 

Unplug all Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. After waiting two minutes, plug back in your Sonos devices. Give them a couple of minutes to reboot and reconnect, then test. 

It’s always a headache to unplug and reboot all SONOS devices when you’re having like 20+ or 30+… 😵

It’s always a headache to unplug and reboot all SONOS devices when you’re having like 20+ or 30+… 😵

If you haven’t done so already, you maybe best to set all the Sonos product IP addresses as static by adding them to your routers DHCP reservation table - it may help to resolve your issue,

Which is the longer term solve for the duplicate iP address issue I was referring to. I’ve not needed to do that power cycle process on my 20+ speakers since I assigned them reserved addresses. 

The issue is, there isn’t usually a single 100% answer to many of these problems. And many folks have no idea how to set up IP reservations in their router’s DHCP table. Providing a quick, albeit potentially temporary, solution is what I try to do. And I expect in most cases, the people who are being responded to don’t have 20+ speakers, so it’s not as challenging a process, which means a higher chance of them trying to do it. 

And if that doesn’t fix the issue, it takes one thing off the table, so that we can consider other avenues of thought. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Which is the longer term solve for the duplicate iP address issue I was referring to. I’ve not needed to do that power cycle process on my 20+ speakers since I assigned them reserved addresses. 

The issue is, there isn’t usually a single 100% answer to many of these problems. And many folks have no idea how to set up IP reservations in their router’s DHCP table. Providing a quick, albeit potentially temporary, solution is what I try to do. And I expect in most cases, the people who are being responded to don’t have 20+ speakers, so it’s not as challenging a process, which means a higher chance of them trying to do it. 

And if that doesn’t fix the issue, it takes one thing off the table, so that we can consider other avenues of thought. 

When I read someone has 30+ Sonos wireless/wired products plus whatever else wired/wireless products connecting to the same network in what I assume is a home network...I get anxiety. Ha Ha. I am very happy to see a few of you willing to offer up assistance 👍🏼

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Anxiety should be saved for home networks that no longer fit on a /24.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Luckily I don’t really have network problem so far… haha! I just think it would be a headache for those users that have many Sonos devices but have to power recycle them for whatever reasons. 😅

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

If I have to reboot all my 14 speakers..I’ll turn off the main house circuit…

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I bought a bunch of these, no more crawling about or moving furniture.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KKND86

Updated today on iPhone 14pro iOS 16.1

Sonos app v14.20 immediately crashed and refused to relaunch: each time immediately quits right after start.

Windows desktop app and iOS app v.14.12 on another phone (iPh 11pro, iOS 15.1) works well.

Removed app and reinstalled. Rebooted iPhone. Rebooted router. Changed wifi. Nothing helped.

Switched notifications to OFF and then back to ON in phone-settings-sonos - bingo! I can control my system from my phone again!

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hey everyone. I had auto updates off and was on 14.10 but a few days ago the system updated on it's own. I've given it time and have done truplay and it sounds terrible. The pronunciation of s's are so harsh no matter what I do. Trueplay on/off, lower treble. Nothing works. At higher volumes it's unbearable, makes me feel nauseated. Is there anything you can suggest. Ran trueplay with ipad gen 8. Thanks. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hey everyone. I had auto updates off and was on 14.10 but a few days ago the system updated on it's own. I've given it time and have done truplay and it sounds terrible. The pronunciation of s's are so harsh no matter what I do. Trueplay on/off, lower treble. Nothing works. At higher volumes it's unbearable, makes me feel nauseated. Is there anything you can suggest. Ran trueplay with ipad gen 8. Thanks. 

If only I had 14.10 back. You lucky soul, but now one of the unlucky ones unfortunately. All started off in 14.12 back in July when Sonos decided it was a good idea to give the Arc a new sound which incorporated an Enhanced Clarity for Dialogue sound signature and reduced it's volume curve, totally aside from all of their other products. I'll let you read the many threads about it all including how it broke trueplay and sub pairing. It was eventually returned to some sort of normality just before Christmas (a 14.10 similar volume curve at least). Sadly their idea of normality is a new mid and treble biased sound signature which really should have been put into the existing speech enhancement function and left everything else the same.

As I said, many many threads about it all but in summary, that's what happened. Like the rest of us, we've had to get used to it. Sickening beyond belief.

Don’t know if this is the right topic but I give it a try…

My app is 14.20 but system update is not automatic and it is quite old 14.8.

Everything sound really great but I think its time to update now.

My question is if I can update one speaker at a time or do I get the latest version on all my speakers without control?

I guess I must update in order to access the option play on all speakers?

Thanks

You can’t ‘update’ a single device, when you run an update, it runs across the entire system. 

You can’t ‘update’ a single device, when you run an update, it runs across the entire system. 

Good to know. Is it fair to say that “all” the issues with the 14.12 now is corrected? I have been reading a lot of posts in many forums and I get the feeling that most user now are happy with the sound… If I update from 14.8 can I expect the same sound or will I have to run Trueplay again?