• 71 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Anyone updated yet?

Any issues?

71 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Installed, no issues so far….. but will take time to see.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Installed, no issues so far….. but will take time to see.

Was it just the app or system update as well?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Both App and System

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Both App and System

Thanks 👍

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Quick look through and I am not seeing any major changes.

I wondered if support for iPhone 14 phones would be added for Trueplay, not yet …. At least for 14 Pro Max

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

I wondered if support for iPhone 14 phones would be added for Trueplay, not yet …. At least for 14 Pro Max

Just worried that the sound signature has changed for the worse

Why I turned auto update off 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Ahh, i see…. Can’t really tell at the moment as my Arc is in the middle of a big remodeling of the living room… also why I I was looking to retune

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Ahh, i see…. Can’t really tell at the moment as my Arc is in the middle of a big remodeling of the living room… also why I I was looking to retune

OK will leave it a few days to see if anyone posts any issues cheers for replying anyway 😊

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Release notes are up…..

https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/article/release-notes-for-sonos-s2

Release date: 12/6/2022

In this update:

• Sonos Voice Control is now available in French.

• Sonos products will now show a status message in the System tab or the Settings menus when they’re offline. We’ll be rolling this change out to all users over a few days after release.
    • Products that are offline or disconnected will no longer disappear from the app. Instead, they’ll show a “not connected” status message. Tapping the name of the product will launch in-app help to get it reconnected. Learn more.
    • Portable Sonos products will let you know if they’re in sleep mode, powered off, or if the battery has been depleted.
    • If a product is disconnected and you’d like to hide it from the app, you can do so under the product’s menu in Settings System.

• Roam has two new Bluetooth settings which can be enabled in your Roam’s settings page.
    • Idle Auto-Disconnect will disconnect the Roam from its Bluetooth device after an idle period of 30 minutes.
    • Always Auto-Connect will connect your Roam to its most recent Bluetooth device when it detects it nearby.

• Bug fixes and performance enhancements.

Given some of these comments, one would think Sonos changed the sound for a large number of devices every other update, rather than for a relatively small group using a particular set up once in 10 years.

This terror of updates is getting ridiculous.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Given some of these comments, one would think Sonos changed the sound for a large number of devices every other update, rather than for a relatively small group using a particular set up once in 10 years.

This terror of updates is getting ridiculous.

LOL. Somebody had to say it...

Subjectively there is significant boost for bass after updating to 14.20 (Arc+Sub+2xOne)

Userlevel 1

14.18 was a phenomenal update .After the 14.19.1 update I did notice the decrease in the arc volume. With the new 14.20 and retuning Trueplay,  I’m experiencing a bass boost and the Arc volume has improved. Im also noticing that the Arc height adjustment is working a lot better for Atmos audio (could be in my head). In the past I experienced a lack of volume from the upward firing or a lack of surround with the upward firing . This update is good stuff. These days, I recommend turning off automatic updates and awaiting a breakdown of the update from Youtube’s Peter Pee before updating.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

@johntothev thanks for the detailed reply 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Prior to 14.19.1 I was always able to update without any problems. However with 14.19.1 and now 14.20 the update tends to fail for some devices and I have to run it again.😡

That said, so far 14.20 sounds great and bass does appear to be better on the Arc and even on my Play5’s! 😀

Prior to 14.19.1 I was always able to update without any problems. However with 14.19.1 and now 14.20 the update tends to fail for some devices and I have to run it again.😡

That said, so far 14.20 sounds great and bass does appear to be better on the Arc and even on my Play5’s! 😀

If not done already, maybe try reserving your Sonos IP addresses in your routers DHCP reservation table as it might be the multi-device reboot process, post-update, sending your router server in a spin with address allocation. Doing that can often improve things during such updates, particularly if you have a lot of Sonos devices. HTH.

Its at least worth a try and nothing to lose by setting their addresses static on the local network.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

If not done already, maybe try reserving your Sonos IP addresses in your routers DHCP reservation table as it might be the multi-device reboot process, post-update, sending your router server in a spin with address allocation. Doing that can often improve things during such updates, particularly if you have a lot of Sonos devices. HTH.

Its at least worth a try and nothing to lose by setting their addresses static on the local network.

Thanks Ken. All our Sonos devices have a DHCP reservation and run off a Boost.

Thanks Ken. All our Sonos devices have a DHCP reservation and run off a Boost.

If the matter persists during updates, then perhaps mention it here again next time, as there are several other things I can think to try, not least setting different channels (App & router) and reducing channel-widths too, perhaps🤔?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Several members of the Sonos fb groups are saying they have/ had issues with this latest 14.20 update. 

Userlevel 1

Several members of the Sonos fb groups are saying they have/ had issues with this latest 14.20 update. 

Are the issues in regards to installation of the firmware via Android and pairing to existing Sonos system/products?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

I installed the new update yesterday and whilst it seemed OK on my iPad, on my Android phone I started a radio station playing on my lounge speakers and then after a few seconds of it playing OK I pressed Stop on the Android app and it didn’t stop even though the button changed to the Play button. It took nearly a minute for the speakers to stop playing.

I didn’t experience this on the iPad app though, that responded to the Stop immediately.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Just worried that the sound signature has changed for the worse

Why I turned auto update off 

Yep.. many have turned off auto updates in fear of a worsening sound. Many wonder why they are always updating. When it’s good , they should leave it alone. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

So is it safe to update? No terrible sound signature? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

So is it safe to update?

No, it is absolutely NOT safe to update! There is a high risk of spontaneous combustion of all Sonos speakers, combined with a rapid spreading contagious disease within a 20 miles radius and, to top it all off, you risk instant suffocation. So no, do NOT update, no matter what anyone else is saying.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

So is it safe to update?

No, it is absolutely NOT safe to update! There is a high risk of spontaneous combustion of all Sonos speakers, combined with a rapid spreading contagious disease within a 20 miles radius and, to top it all off, you risk instant suffocation. So no, do NOT update, no matter what anyone else is saying.

I think you’re exaggerating. The disease radius is only 10 miles, and the spontaneous combustion risk is only “medium”. 😜