Unable to consistently switch between rooms

Badge +2

I have 4 zones/rooms, and I cannot consistently switch between rooms using either the iOS app or the PC app.  As a 10 year Sonos user, this basic functionality is clear to me but after power cycling the router, waiting overnight and then trying to play in a specific room, the music will continue to play in the former room that I have unchecked and won’t change over to the different room.

The zones/rooms are not dropped, they are visible in all apps.

I run S1 with a legacy Play5, a legacy Connect:AMP, a new Amp and a supported old Connect:AMP, with the amplifiers powering only 1 pair of speakers.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Are you able to connect any of your Sonos devices directly to your router with an ethernet cable?

Badge +2

No.  I used to have a Sonos Bridge, which was a requirement in years past but not any more.  This issue is not continuous but occasional, which makes it more difficult to diagnose.

No.  I used to have a Sonos Bridge, which was a requirement in years past but not any more.  This issue is not continuous but occasional, which makes it more difficult to diagnose.

Maybe try a different ‘fixed’ (non-overlapping) 2.4Ghz WiFi channel on your router - either channel 1, 6 or 11 and more importantly set it’s channel-width to 20MHz and see if that improves things.

Give each channel you try at least an hour, or so, to settle and if everything works okay, then leave as is.