Skip to main content

Sonos home shows Tidal Albums and Playlists as "No selections are available".

This is despite there being no issue playing Tidal having navigated via Browse → Tidal → My Collection. 

Having said that, browsing is still erratic with regular “Unable to browse” errors.

Hi @genjokoan, thank you for reaching out to us, and welcome to the Sonos community. I appreciate you for bringing this concern and for providing the screenshots. Let me help you out on this.

First, I'd like to ask some questions to isolate the issue so we can create a path towards resolution.

1. When did you encounter this issue? Any changes in the network like a new router or WiFi name/password?
2. Do you experience the same issue with all your music services? 
3. Is playing directly from the Tidal music service app gave you the same problem?
4. Have you tried removing and re-adding the Tidal music service in the Sonos app? 
5. Do you have any speaker wired to your router? Any improvements?

Let us know how you get on with the advice above. Start the playback on Tidal and wait for a few minutes then run a diagnostic report for us to check. Just include the confirmation number in your response so that we can look up the information.

If you have any questions about this. We and the community are always here to help.

Hi @Rowena B. ,

to be honest, I only really paid attention to this when I started having lots of issues playing Tidal. 

However, I did yesterday remove and re-add the Tidal service. Moreover, this morning I unplugged all Sonos devices, and rebooted the router. I then checked this on both my iPhone and iPad Sonos S1 controller app. The problem still manifests.

The only thing that might have changed it I guess could be the addition of an Amazon Echo Dot speaker a few months back? Doesn’t seem related but in the world of tech, one can never tell!

The funny thing is that Albums and Playlists show in Sonos Favourites and Recently Played. It’s only in the Tidal Albums and Tidal Playlists on the home tab that fail to display.

Will run the diagnostic report next.

Thanks,

GK

Hi @Rowena B. ,

ok diagnostic submitted. Confirmation number 1370486743.

Note that I was unable to play Tidal as requested. I tried many times on both iPhone, iPad, and desktop Mac.

This having rebooted everything earlier.

As I noted in a related post, I could swear that these Tidal issues occur frequently during the morning CET.

Tried again forty two minutes later and Tidal album played first time.

Re-ran diagnostics. New confirmation 1122752557.

Reported problem persists with My Sonos showing Tidal Albums and Playlists “No selections are available”.

Hi @genjokoan, thank you for your quick response and for letting us know that it's only on the Sonos app that you're having an issue with. I appreciate you for submitting the diagnostic reports.

Sonos app acts like remote control of your Tidal music service. Tidal pushes what you have in your account to be displayed on the Sonos app. Upon checking the reports, there's interference in your wireless network that may be caused by wireless congestion; audio dropouts due to sync errors. This will be resolved by rebooting your system but it didn’t.

Thanks for your patience while working through this. We really appreciate the time and effort you've spent doing all the troubleshooting steps, and it would be best for you to continue working with us over the phone to expedite the process. 

To further assist you on this, I recommend contacting our Sonos Customer Care support to remotely access your device and perform some tests on the Tidal music service to isolate the issue. 

If you need help with any other information, please feel free to reach out. The Sonos community is always here to help.

Thanks @Rowena B.  Mark P did highlight on my other post that there may be general Tidal issues at present. 

Hi @genjokoan, thank you for your response and for updating us.

That's correct. Our engineers are working on this with Tidal to find a solution to this issue. We don’t have exact timing to share at this point and will update this thread when we do.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions. We and the community are always here to help.