Skip to main content
Question

this new app is absolutle terrible.

This new Sonos app is absolutely terrible no one like it on our home.  
slow reacting.  Difficult to know at glance how to control speakers.  
want to lower volume and pick constantly wrong room.  
what a disaster.  
no intuitive at all.  Huge step back. 

10 replies

Really? - I find it quite simple to select a room/group from the slide-up "room selector" and then play an audio source to that room/group, as shown in the attached. It’s not exactly difficult to figure out how the App works. It’s far more simple IMHO, compared to the previous S2 App.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Conceptually fine, in implementation - inexcusably shoddy.

It’s great until you try and do something like select a room or open a music service and you get the “something went wrong” error. 😡

It’s great until you try and do something like select a room or open a music service and you get the “something went wrong” error. 😡

I thought your updated Sonos App was not loading at all @Bumper? (I base that on your recent posts/images showing it crashing on startup). Have you resolved that and got the App to open now then and are now seeing the errors you mention here, or are you referring to an older version of the Sonos App? 

It’s not something I see with my Sonos App, but it sounds like there is perhaps still an issue with the new App on your mobile device. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Simply delays processing simple instructions like changing volume.

It’s just really slow even with one speaker

Simply delays processing simple instructions like changing volume.

It’s just really slow even with one speaker

I can only think you perhaps may have some LAN/WAN network latency (possibly?).

See attached from my controller App. This is with all 10 Sonos rooms grouped (about 25 Sonos products - several are Home Theatres/Stereo pairs etc.)

I’m not seeing any volume-level changing issues, but maybe it’s the fact I am using my Sonos setup on a WiFi-6AX signal and not using the slower SonosNet signal - I try to steer/blacklist my compatible speakers to use the faster 5Ghz band too. I’ve also ensured my speaker SNR levels in the Sonos App are all set at 45dB, or higher, as mentioned in this Sonos support document: 

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/understanding-the-network-details-section-in-the-sonos-app

I thought your updated Sonos App was not loading at all @Bumper? (I base that on your recent posts/images showing it crashing on startup). Have you resolved that and got the App to open now then and are now seeing the errors you mention here, or are you referring to an older version of the Sonos App? 

It’s not something I see with my Sonos App, but it sounds like there is perhaps still an issue with the new App on your mobile device. 

Yes it was doing this for 6 days. It randomly stopped. But still not working as it is returning “something went wrong” error for everything. This app is buggy AF, the worst  

@Bumper 

I don’t understand what the issue is with your controller and I don’t see that error myself with the Apple Music service and I use that service every day - it’s as though something is blocking a connection to the Sonos/Apple servers - maybe try a different DNS.

FWIW I’ve attached a quick screen-capture from my iPhone playing music from that service so you can see it’s at-least not the App/MSP container at fault. (Recorded a few moments ago).

You think 1.1.1.1 is blocking and not this buggy AF app just being the regular POS? Are you ok?

Desktop App as well as SonoPhone are working. 

You think 1.1.1.1 is blocking and not this buggy AF app just being the regular POS? Are you ok?

Desktop App as well as SonoPhone are working. 

No cloudflare public DNS is fine  …and yes I’m ok (thanks), my Sonos App here is ok too.