Sonos ZP100 dismantle and possible repair guide (updated)

• 27 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Part #’s used for repair, updating the 8 year old thread with the same name

My ancient ZP100 no longer powered up, I found the great guide here by berrisford5, but some details where missing.

The (2) fuses where blown, I bought them on Amazon, they are Slow-Blow 4A 250V

Amazon Description: uxcell 20Pcs DIP Mounted Miniature Cylinder Slow Blow Micro Fuse T4A 4A 250V Red - They are $8.49 for 20

The TVS Diode (connects directly after transformer on power supply PCB) was also shorted, in the old thread it’s refered to as “CA48”, I found this TVS Diode on DigiKey, part # for it is “SMCJ48CA”, they are .65 each, bought 5, the shipping cost more..   awaiting the TVS diode to finish the repair.

Hope this helps anyone with an ancient 2006 ZP100

Mitch

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @mitch672 

Welcome to the Sonos Community and thanks for sharing!

Replaced the TVS surface mount diode on the power supply, and the (2) 4A 250V fuses, my ancient Sonos ZP100 lives again :-) If anyone needs these parts to fix yours, I have extra, let me know.

Hi guys, great information here, my problem is the white/orange light indicating amp or speaker problem, persists with no speakers attached, indicating amp problem, have disassembled with the aid of these posts but nothing seems amiss...what next¿

Cheers,

Chas.