Sonos won't connect

• 27 December 2020
  • 3 replies

A few days ago, my Sonos app started being unstable.

• Most of their options are grayed out.
  • I lost setup of my Sonos devices, they won’t load
  • I can control them from any other app, such as Spotify, and the names appear correctly
  • In some cases I’ve been able to see my local system, and grouped speakers.
  • I restarted one of my speakers, to do configuration from zero, but it won’t let me finish the configuration.

I’m attaching screenshots of how my app looks. I’ve tried with multiple phones, and with on my 4G cellphone network, and they all stay the same, grayed out.

I restarted the app from zero, without adding a system to it, to see if my local system was the problem. But even when having the app started from zero, all these problems persist.

If I try to join my Sonos local system, it does find it and it does says “You are connected to your Sonos at WiFi Network”

I’ve seen the Sonos Service has some problems right now https://status.sonos.com/ but I don’t know if this is related to that.

Is there any issues on the Sonos servers that won’t let me proceed to use the app correctly?

As you can see on my Spotify, it does show everything correctly. These are my room names in my Sonos system.

On Sonos, I just manage to see this for my system. And as I stated before, if I try to restart a speaker and set it up from zero, the app does find the local speaker and configures the WiFi correctly to the system, but at last step it fails to add it to my system.

It suddenly started happening some days ago, I haven’t touched any of my WiFi settings nor my Sonos system. I just suddenly opened the app and everything was all like this.

My iOS devices are on 14.3 version. I own 1 Playbar, 5 Play-5 Gen:2, 2 Subs and 1 Play-3.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Those question marks in the room name suggest that there is an issue with your speakers reaching your router properly. Try a network refresh, by unplugging all Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, plug back in your Sonos devices, wait a couple of minutes, then test. 

It’s also possible you’re experiencing wifi interference, potentially from outside your own network, it might be worth reading through the linked FAQ.

I would also recommend that you submit a system diagnostic, and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the diagnostic number here for a Community Moderator to pick up.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.

My speakers are indeed connected to my network, I can control them with other apps, like Spotify and some self-made codes from my computer. I do see them in my network. I cannot reset them and reconfigure them because at the last step it fails to continue.

About the diagnostic number, I couldn’t find the link to post my diagnostic number. Should I just post it here and wait for a moderator to see it?

Diagnostic Number: 651362763

Userlevel 7

@cabada 

Posting the diagnostic number in the post was correct. You can also call Sonos tech support if convenient rather than waiting for your diagnostic to be discovered.