Question

Sonos was unable to add the music folder (or any other folder)

• 19 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Using version S1 it will not work. Followed directions posted here and it still doesn’t work.

Also, Sonos is not showing up in Airplay also.

Just like white wine the product is getting worse over time not better!

Owner it for more than 10 years

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @mlundp, thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the Sonos community. I appreciate you for bringing this concern to us. Let me help you out with this.

Please submit a diagnostic report to check your Sonos system to see what’s going on and help you provide a resolution. Just include the confirmation number in your response so that we can look up the information.

If you need help with any other information, feel free to reach out. We'll wait for your reply.

Also, Sonos is not showing up in Airplay also.

If your profile is accurate you don't own any Airplay compatible Sonos speakers. That may be a contributing factor.

1. Where do I find the confirmation number?
  2. I estimate between 5 houses that I have between 12-15 sonos devices. I presume you mean that I have NOT registered ALL my devices which are spread around in 5 different locations and that is why you somehow have blocked me from using the functionality completely.
     You must be kidding me!
Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi folks,

@John B, thank you for your assistance, we appreciate it. 

@mlundp, thank you for your response.

When you submit a diagnostic from the Sonos app, it will provide you a confirmation number. The diagnostic report gives the snapshot of your Sonos system for us to know the issue and understand what's going on to help you provide a resolution.

Thank you for letting us know that you have multiple locations. Can you tell us in which location you're having an issue with and submit a diagnostic report? Kindly provide us the confirmation number in your response.

To submit a diagnostic:

Open the Sonos app > Go to Settings > System > Help & Tips > Submit Diagnostic > Submit. The confirmation will be displayed on the screen.

Please let us know if you have any questions. The Sonos Community is always here to help.

2. I presume you mean that I have NOT registered ALL my devices which are spread around in 5 different locations and that is why you somehow have blocked me from using the functionality completely.
     You must be kidding me!

What?