Sonos Roam Audio Drops when listening to TV

• 19 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi Sonos Community, 

I’m having intermittent audio drop issues with my Sonos Roam. This only occurs when I am listing to TV audio. All other devices do not have this problem. Here is my setup. 

I have a Sonos beam that is connected to my TV via HDMI optical cable. I group my Sonos Play1 and roam to the Sonos beam so i can get surround sound with my TV audio. My Play1 does not drop its audio. I am using a wireless setup. I’ve noticed that my Roam is connected to my 5ghz network and everything else is connected to 2.4. Would this cause my problem. I don’t know how to change the Wifi connection for my roam from 5 to 2.4? Additionally, when I group all three speakers to a music service like Spoitfy or XM these audio problems do not happen, only with TV audio. 

I’ve read the “reduce wifi interference” article and I am unable to change my channel connection as the option is grayed out on my sonos app and through my network configurations. Do I have any other options?

Thanks!

John

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

One relatively easy trial would be to use separate SSID’s for 5GHz and 2.4GHz.

Right but my SSIDs are managed by my internet provider….is there anyway to change how my roam connects to my network?

This would be messy, but as a test you could move ROAM out of the 5GHz coverage area.