Question

Sonos ramdomly plays music/radio.

• 30 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi.

New to the community. 

A few nights ago sonos woke me up in the middle of the night as it started to randomly play one of my spotify playlists. I googled the issue and found a few messages on this message board but didn't seem to find an answer or how I can stop it happening. I don't currently use alexa and it shouldn't be activated.

I read that I should submit a diagnostic report immediately after it happens again. Well it's just happened, this time playing the radio which was the last thing sonos was playing, and the number is 1860789045.

Any advice or help understanding why this is happening is much appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Calbrown.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate the detailed post here outlining your concern, let me help and try to figure this out.

Upon checking on the diagnostic report, it is showing on the log details that it was streaming from a TuneIn radio station on Sonos Radio and the playback was triggered through ‘AirPlay’. The command came from an iOS device/controller, and I see that the controller you use for the diagnostic is an Android device. There must be other devices or controllers for Sonos that was used for the playback.

For reference, here is an article about using AirPlay audio to Sonos.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.

Hi @Annazel S 

Thanks for the reply and looking at my problem.

Yes I have an Android device that I control my sonos system. There are no apple devices in my home so am unfamiliar with airplay.

Does this mean that it's likely someone was controlling my system from outside? 

Is that possible to do without any permission given?

How can I prevent people connecting to my system without permission to spoke this happening again?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Airplay requires access to your local network. Suggest you change the password on that network ASAP.