Answered

Sonos Fix It - Stuck “Multiple Systems…”

• 29 January 2022
  • 33 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Woke up today to Sonos not workings… rest of network is fine. Attempted to reset (unplug..) and App can’t find them. Used “Fix It” and when it reaches the screen that asks “We found multiple Sonos Systems, Let’s confirm the one you want to update” and click “Continue” the app does nothing.. sits there.  Deleted app, reinstall… tried on iPad and iPhone.. nothing.  

Anyone else? Suggestions? 

icon

Best answer by jgatie 7 February 2022, 22:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

Userlevel 7

Unplug the speakers from power for a couple of minutes and reboot your router and phone.

I would perhaps try a reboot of the router and devices. Maybe power off all then bring things back online in this order…

• Modem/Router
  • Wired Sonos devices
  • Wireless Sonos devices starting with the nearest/next nearest

Let each device settle and appear in the Sonos App before powering on the next.

Hopefully all will then work okay for you.

None of these things work, still stuck on the screen to select a Sonos system. Worse yet, no system is even shown! This happens every time I take my Sonos to either a new WiFi or I change any WiFi settings. The only solution is to factory reset both my Sonos One boxes, really crappy. 

The app either says I can add my Sonos One to the new WiFi (this makes me get stuck) or I can “Select your product” in the app, which doesn’t even find the Sonos One.

It’s too bad I already got three Sonos devices, but I’ll not be buying any more if this is how it’s going to be every time.

It seems to me like your posts are confused about different WiFi networks and different Sonos systems. Also it should not be necessary to factory reset when changing networks and doing so usually makes things worse.

Please describe your network. Is it a mesh? Do you have any extenders or access points?

I’m not confused about the terminology WiFi networks and Systems, my main issue is with the fact that the app just doesn’t continue.

My current context is that I went on a one week trip and brought my Sonos One with me from home. This obviously means that I switched WiFi networks, meaning I should add the new WiFi network to my current system, right? Well, that is actually the thing I’m unable to do because the app just doesn’t continue or offer any other way to do it.

I plug in my One at the new location, have my iPhone connected to the new WiFi and open up the Sonos app. Naturally it won’t find my system and the devices in it since I’m not on the correct WiFi (the one I have at home). So the app offers to fix it, which is great. Then the option to add the WiFi at my new location appears, so I try to add that WiFi to my system so I can let my Sonos One connect. This is how it should be so far, right? Then the app happily complies and searches for devices in my system and tells me “it found multiple systems” where I should continue with selecting the one I want to adjust.

So...at this point the tableview (or collectionview, no idea which one is used) showing my system should be shown? There’s space for it in the modal that appeared, but nothing is shown. Worse yet—the continue button receives touches but either isn’t wired to an actual function, or there’s some check in the function it calls that doesn’t do anything further. Hence; me and the topic creator are “stuck”.

---

As to answer your question; my new vacation location looks like it just uses a ‘regular’ network. No mesh, no extender, nothing. Just a plain and simple router with no fancy addons.

None of these things work, still stuck on the screen to select a Sonos system. Worse yet, no system is even shown! This happens every time I take my Sonos to either a new WiFi or I change any WiFi settings. The only solution is to factory reset both my Sonos One boxes, really crappy. 

The app either says I can add my Sonos One to the new WiFi (this makes me get stuck) or I can “Select your product” in the app, which doesn’t even find the Sonos One.

It’s too bad I already got three Sonos devices, but I’ll not be buying any more if this is how it’s going to be every time.

The issue you’re describing is quite different to the one mentioned by the OP.. who apparently is using the same router setup.

In your post you talk about moving the system to a new WiFi, or changing the WiFi settings, that’s a different topic and for that type of issue, you need to provide wired LAN access to one Sonos product within your setup, preferably a standalone product and not a Sonos HT Surround or Sub.

Connect the controller device to the same router and then open the Sonos App. The wired device will then show up in the App and so will any other Sonos products that you then power on (unwired).

Once all devices are present and showing, you can then update the WiFi SSID/credentials in the Sonos App network settings using the ‘Update Networks’ feature. Don’t forget to remove the old SSID/Credentials too, that’s if they are obsolete, otherwise retain them.

You can also read more here on this subject:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1061

@Ken_Griffiths 

Hmm, I think the issue was in fact different...the problem inside the app maybe not. I’ll go try it with your suggestions etc. later then either make a new topic if it doesn’t work, or raise a glass in your honor for your help.

Are these the instructions you are following?

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1061?language=en_US

Are you just trying to use this speaker alone or add to an existing system at holiday home?

Are you just trying to use this speaker alone or add to an existing system at holiday home?

No I am trying to just use the speaker alone while I’m on my holiday. But I’ll try the instructions later so I won’t pollute this ticket for the OP.

FWIW @stonekirby appears to have an S1 system. (Profile includes P:5/gen1.) The S1 app could well be a bit more clunky than the current S2 version. 

FWIW @stonekirby appears to have an S1 system. (Profile includes P:5/gen1.) The S1 app could well be a bit more clunky than the current S2 version. 

While I do own a S1 speaker, it’s not included in my S2 system. The Gen 1 Play:5 is only used as a aux-in speaker and not connected to anything at all. :)

FWIW @stonekirby appears to have an S1 system. (Profile includes P:5/gen1.) The S1 app could well be a bit more clunky than the current S2 version. 

While I do own a S1 speaker, it’s not included in my S2 system. The Gen 1 Play:5 is only used as a aux-in speaker and not connected to anything at all. :)

Ah, okay. 

What is puzzling me is the fact that multiple Sonos systems are found.  And the OP is on holiday.

Makes me wonder if this is some sort of communal WiFi. I am probably barking up the wrong tree and if so, I apologise.

I have had the same issues with both of my Sonos systems for the last 3 weeks.

It seems to start with yet another forced software update to the app.

My issue is that the app will not locate the system.

I have done everything - restarted the app, rebooted yet another wifi router, reloaded every device, with no success. And I have to say that I have done this multiple times.

I am succesfully able to add one device, however when adding another device to the established system, the app fails - it gets lost in a never ending loop of “can’t locate the system”

Been a dedicated and avid Sonos user for 8 years with multiple products and never had any major issues -- until the last 3 weeks when the new conroller update was released.

Not sure who else can assist. Spent 3 hours on the phone with the Sonos help desk and they can’t seem to help either -- has the same issue - we just go around and around loading a product and having other products drop from the system.

Certainly seems to be the same issue that began this string. Open to any ideas.

Open to any ideas.

You’d need to describe your network, how the Sonos is connected, and what control device(s) you’re trying to use. 

I have the same problem!!! I’m stuck and i can’t find or recreate my system 

Yeah guys this is a major problem. I found this post while searching for the same problem. We changed our AP and are trying to following the directions and it just gets stuck in finding multiple systems (which, for the record, I don’t know how there would be multiple systems here in the office).

Same issue for me. Stuck on screen that says “We found multiple Sonos systems. Let’s confirm the one you want to update.”

There’s a “Continue” button, but pressing it does nothing. I really don’t want to have to factory reset every single device in my apartment just because I got a new router.

If you have the option, and have not tried it already, try connecting the Sonos speaker to your router temporarily by Ethernet and have another go.

It may also be worthwhile resetting the app (in App Preferences).  But do not reset the speakers.

I’m having the same issue. I recently replaced the mesh router, but kept the same SSID and password. Since then, the S2 app can no longer see the system and puts me through the “fix it” route. It gets stuck on the “we found multiple systems” as above. 

I’ve tried plugging in a speaker via Ethernet and also resetting the app, but neither has made a difference. 

S2 system:

2 x Play 1 first gen

1 x playbar

1 x sub (in a single system with the above)

1 x Play 3

S1 system:

Play 5 first gen

When you switched out the router, did you refresh the entire network by unplugging every device, then plugging it back in? If you didn’t, I’d be supposing a potential duplicate IP address issue, since all the devices would likely be retaining the IP address given to them by the old router, and not getting new IP addresses from the new router. 

Yes, all products have been unplugged and plugged back in. The play 3 briefly reappeared, but then disappeared again. The app recognises that there’s a problem, but always gets stuck on the “we found multiple systems” dialog box again. 

I just tried this by switching networks and it works okay for me. I just connected my iPhone/controller App to the new network and the ‘wired’ device shows up straightaway. Also if I reset the Sonos App, the one system only on the network was found and connected with no trouble …if I put two systems on the same (new) network, then reset the App again, it simply invites me to press the join button etc; and connects to the system that I select (by pressing the join button).

I captured some screenshots along the way… see below:

So it all seems to be working okay, in my quick round of tests here.

I changed the password on .y network and I'm having the same problem....stuck at multiple systems