Answered

Sonos Fix It - Stuck “Multiple Systems…”

• 29 January 2022
  • 33 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

Exact same problem after relocating our move speaker to the vacation house.  The APP is hung up on “continue” after claiming it located several Sonos systems (only have the one Move speaker).

No option to hard wire the move to my router.  I’m on iPhone X with the S2 app.

have not tried deleting the speaker and adding all over because I don’t want to do the same thing when we take the speaker back home (and every other time).

please help!

Exact same problem after relocating our move speaker to the vacation house.  The APP is hung up on “continue” after claiming it located several Sonos systems (only have the one Move speaker).

No option to hard wire the move to my router.  I’m on iPhone X with the S2 app.

have not tried deleting the speaker and adding all over because I don’t want to do the same thing when we take the speaker back home (and every other time).

please help!

I’m sorry to say, but this post makes little, or no sense to me, as you mention that you “only have the one Move Speaker”. So what are you trying to add the Move to if there is no existing Sonos Household on the new WiFi network at the vacation house?

You first need to use an existing Sonos Household, or create a brand new Sonos Household to add the Move to that HH, you won’t be able to add the Move otherwise.

All Sonos devices need to be added to a Sonos Household on the network - note you can have one, or multiple, Sonos Households on any network, using either the same, or different Sonos Accounts.

I personally tend to use the same Sonos Account for all my different Sonos Households on the various networks and add the WiFi credentials to my Sonos App in order to make it easy to discover those existing Households. If you do not have a Household, then you need to reset the App to create one. See screenshots attached.  Note if using Alexa/Google voice assistants the Sonos skill needs to be switched between the Sonos HH’s in order to work aswell.

@Tolindh 
When you’re actually connected to an ‘existing’ Sonos Household on a WiFi network, you can add other WiFi networks to that Sonos HH - it’s much easier to do that whilst the new WiFi is also in range.

1. You can ‘mimic’ a new WiFi network using a mobile Hotspot, thats if you know the SSID/Password of the vacation house WiFi and setup the connection before you travel to the remote location.
  2. A further option, is to add a mobile Hotspot WiFi to the existing Sonos HH whilst at home and then run/operate both the Move and your Sonos controller on that Hotspot temporarily when at the vacation house.  Then simply add the vacation house WiFi credentials to the existing Sonos HH when the new WiFi is in range.
Userlevel 2

Woke up today to Sonos not workings… rest of network is fine. Attempted to reset (unplug..) and App can’t find them. Used “Fix It” and when it reaches the screen that asks “We found multiple Sonos Systems, Let’s confirm the one you want to update” and click “Continue” the app does nothing.. sits there.  Deleted app, reinstall… tried on iPad and iPhone.. nothing.  

Anyone else? Suggestions? 

Yes, just happened to me. Did you get your issue resolved?

Similar issue for me, but I dnd’t even change anything.  Just showed up at my office today where I’ve used Sonos many times, same speakers as always, same network as always, same router as always.  I havem’t used this system here in maybe a month or two, but today I get the message offering to “fix” something, and now I’m stuck on the multiple networks screen despite rebooting the speaker & my phone, etc.

Seems Sonos must have broken something in a recent app update.  This is build 67125130.

Similar issue for me, but I dnd’t even change anything.  Just showed up at my office today where I’ve used Sonos many times, same speakers as always, same network as always, same router as always.  I havem’t used this system here in maybe a month or two, but today I get the message offering to “fix” something, and now I’m stuck on the multiple networks screen despite rebooting the speaker & my phone, etc.

Seems Sonos must have broken something in a recent app update.  This is build 67125130.

Every update we have a few posters who blame an update, even though when an actual bug happened to a single Sonos device, the thread hit 100 pages in a day.  It’s not the update, it’s your network, specifically IP conflicts.  These often show up after an update or power outage because a reboot requires the device to request a new IP, and the router, having lost track of current IP assignments, issues a new IP that is in use by another device.  To cure this, do the following:

Reboot/power cycle your devices in the following order:

Modem
Router
Switches or hubs
Wired Sonos units
Wireless Sonos units
Computers/printers
Wireless devices - phones/tablets etc.

Allow each device to come back up before proceeding to the next.  Note that you can permanently prevent duplicate IP addresses by assigning an IP to each device's MAC address in the router setup.  See your router manual for details.

Thanks for the suggestions - I’m happy to report the reboots fixed it.

That said, try doing a Google search on the text of the message where the app gets stuck.  You get *exactly two* results - both pointing to this very thread containing ten independent reports of this problem within the last two weeks since the 14.0 update on January 25 (the first major update in almost a year).  And *absolutely zero* prior occurences of this message in Google’s entire search database.  There is no way this is a coincidence.

Of course, that doesn’t prove the update single-handedly caused the problem.  I have no trouble believing the root case is the IP address conflict, and it seems quite plasuible that the conflict was triggered by the reboot of the Sonos.  But if rebooting or any other issues caused conflcts in the past, it didn’t produce this exact error condition prior to 14.0.  Either the app successfully fixed the problem on its own, or else it led to some other error condition that allowed people to diagnose and fix the problem from there, and that we would have been able to find in searches.  The changed error condition is why searches on the problem resulted in no useful information.  So it’s not really fair to say the app update played no role in this.

IP conflicts cause all sorts of errors. Missing rooms, groups not grouping, app commands not working, app not connecting, surrounds disappearing, Subs not playing, I've seen it all.   In 14 years on this forum, I can count on one hand the number of times a network refresh didn't fix them, or reserving IP addresses on the router didn't fix them for good.

And like I stated, an actual bug that went out in an update that affected a single Sonos component hit 100 pages the first day. Thats 2500 posts in a day.  That's what a bad update  looks like.