Skip to main content

I have a Sonosconnect wired to an amp and speakers, but the volume is very low, even when set to max on both the amp and Sonos amp. The amp / speakers work fine with other source inputs (eg TV).

Hi @Benfish 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

First, please check the settings described in the No sound from Port or Connect help page. I recommend you set the Line Out level to fixed - this maximises the signal to noise ratio though it does mean that you can only adjust the volume on the amplifier’s controls.

If that doesn’t help, please try swapping out the cable between the Connect and the amplifier, and please also try connecting the Connect to a different input on the amplifier (not Phono).

If you get the same results each time, please try a loopback test:

• Insert both ends of an RCA cable into the Analog Out and Analog Line In ports of the Sonos product.
    1. It's important to verify that the RCA cable is working properly. If available, test with two separate pairs of RCA cables.
      image.png

• In the Sonos app, select any music to play on the Room. You will not hear any audio yet.
    image.png

• In the Sonos app, select another room that is working correctly, make sure it is not muted, and choose Line In (from the problem device) as its music source. Do not group the Connect/Port with the other room.
    image.png
    image.png

If the sound (from the Connect) still sounds quiet on the other Sonos room, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team.