Sonos Connect - cannot factory reset (flashing orange-white, never green)

• 2 November 2022
  • 56 replies

Hi,

I hope you can help me reset my Sonos Connect.

After applying power with the pause button depressed, then releasing the pause button after about 15 seconds:

• the led flashes white/orange forever
  • the led does not transition to green.
  • the network port (cable connected) flashes so the switch and network is working.

I have tried other combinations many times without success.

Any ideas please?  

Thanks

Rich

56 replies

I also had trouble of not getting the flashing light to turn green.  I took an Ethernet cord and plugged my Sonos device into the router.  I came back to it an hour later.  It was green.  I was able to connect and use my Sonos.

Good evening all. Thank you for being there in my moment of Sonos-based desperation! Just to give a flicker of hope to those of you facing this problem: my Connect is now working again after I turned it on whilst plugged in to the router with an ethernet cable.

Short history: moved flat; two Play 1 speakers hooked onto the new wifi straightaway without issue through the app; one Play 3 speaker needed a factory reset to appear in the app, but then hooked on without a problem; finally, my Connect was appearing in the app, but I too was getting the infuriating white flashing light when the app was telling me it should be green and that I should press the play button. Factory reset did nothing - the orange flashing light never turned green. So I turned off the unit, gave it 10 mins, and then turned it on whilst physically connected to the router with an ethernet cable. All sorts of flashing occurred in the cable, and then - BOOM - the front light on the unit turned green, and the Connect could be hooked onto the system as normal through the app. Good luck all of you - I hope you get the same lucky break.

Hi, I had the same problem BUT it was solved by putting in an ethernet cable! Big thanks!

Wrong thread

Had the same issue and found a solution which was either one of two things, or a combination of both. I had two Sonos units in close proximity from each other and a relative distance away from our Wi-Fi hub. After an hour of the endless “white and orange blinking light” I moved the unit away from any other Sonos devices and plugged it in within closer proximity to the Wi-Fi hub. And it finally gave me a green light and allowed the app to pair up the old device again on our system. Maybe it was pure luck, but hopefully this can help others

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Too close can be a problem. A meter is usually great, half that and things can get iffy.

Not always obvious to the clueless user either. I really appreciate the Sonos support that pointed out that I had two Sonos speakers about seven inches apart. In different rooms but backed up to the same wall. Minor movement of both and suddenly all was working fine.