Sonos Connect and Airport Express power requirements

• 6 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi.  Following lengthy investigation, and three attempts by Sonos agents to diagnose, I was told by one yesterday that an update to my S1 Sonos Connect had increased its power requirements to above that which my old Airport Express can produce. As a result, the Connect cant simultaneously deliver audio through the RCA analogue outputs AND wirelessly to other Sonos products. It only works through one or the other. 

He said that currently, there is no way for users to revert the Connect to its pre-update, fully functioning state, but that Sonos may release an update to make this possible.

Is there any info on when this might happen, or if there’s a work around, or if a new Airport Express would resolve this.

Many thanks

Henry

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

This doesn’t make any sense to me. You don’t use the power from an AirPort Express to run power to a Sonos CONNECT. 

That aside, I’m not aware of any changes to the S1 software that might affect the simultaneous output via RCA and Wi-Fi at the same time, in fact S1 has been in ‘maintenance mode’ with the only updates to it being bug fixes since its release, in August of 2020.

I’m wondering if there was some sort of misunderstanding, and the power supply of just your CONNECT is failing, causing this situation. 

Hi Bruce.  Thank you for your input. I will call Sonos when they open next week, referencing your reply to my query, and post their feedback here. I’m not greatly techie. Cheers.  Henry