Answered

Sonos Boost into existing network

• 25 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

I keep getting an error when trying to add my new Boost to my existing system.

I tried adding it to the existing system both in wired and wireless mode and keep getting the error. I wonder if it’s something to do with our BT router which we’ve had issues with before adding items to the network.

icon

Best answer by gaitken 27 September 2021, 12:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @gaitken 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

What error do you get when adding your Boost?

To add a Boost to an existing system, it’s usually best to have one existing device wired to the router with ethernet, then add the Boost, also wired. If you’re having problems doing this, I recommend a reboot of your router by removing power for at least 30 seconds.

If you continue to have problems, please let us know what is reported, how your Sonos system connects (prior to the Boost being bought) and what you have tried. Thanks.

Badge

Hi Corry,

Thanks for the reply.

I was helped by someone on Sonos live chat on Sunday and literally my BT router just needed restarted. Not the first time I’ve had that issue when hardwiring to it - I should’ve thought of it myself! So everything working well now.

For anyone else reading this having the same issue, I put all speakers off and restarted router which did the trick. Attached is an image of the error I received initially.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @gaitken 

Thanks for updating us, and I’m glad to hear you’ve got it working now!