Answered

Sonos Beam cutting out when streaming music with other speakers

• 5 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Having trouble with Beam cutting out when streaming music but only when playing on other speakers as well.

Setup = Sonos Boost - plugged into one node of TP Link Mesh, 2 Sonos Play1, 4 Sonos1 speakers and Sonos Beam all in different rooms.

If I stream music only to the Beam it works fine (never cuts out).  If I stream music to the beam and to other rooms the beam will periodically cut out and then come back on.  

Prior to the Beam, I had 2 Sonos1 speakers in the room as a stereo pair and had no issues.

I have checked my network speed and I am consistently above 150 mbps

I have changed the network channel….no fix

I have checked to make sure all are showing WM 0 

Anybody in the same boat?  Any solutions/ideas?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 5 March 2022, 23:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Sure sounds like some sort of wifi interference going on. If you’ve got the BOOST plugged in, then you should be, as you indicate you are, in a wired configuration, but I’d recommend that the BOOST be wired to the base device of the TP-Link system, and not just a node. But I suspect that’s not the issue we’re dealing with here. 

Have you checked which WiFi channel you’re using, to see if it interferes, even slightly, with the SonosNet channel that the controller indicates you’re using? They should be at least 5 away from each other, and the TP-Link should not be allowed to ‘auto select’ its channel. 

Your network speed isn’t likely to be an issue here, that 150 Mbps is between your computer and the internet testing location, and the likely issue you’re having is the speed between your BOOST and the speakers, which doesn’t show up on Speedtest websites. 

All that being said, this is a particularly difficult thing to diagnose in a forum. I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Thanks, will work towards sending a system diagnostic