Question

Sonos Arc/LG CX — audio drop.

• 28 June 2020
  • 3 replies

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

Hi All,

I have a Sonos Arc and an LG CX. Periodically, the audio (connected via eARC) drops out when we watch Netflix, Prime, Disney+, etc. The connection eventually comes back after a while (or after we move backward in the video we’re watching for long enough). When the disconnects happen, the Sonos app indicates the bar has no audio signal. Oddly, when the audio disconnects, it generally comes back if I let Netflix auto play one of its preview/trailers (this is regardless of whether the audio cut out when we were watching something on Netflix or not). Any thoughts appreciated. Am I right to think the issue is likely with the TV (accessing everything through the TV’s apps; no Fire stick or Apple TV, etc.)? And could this be due to an internet connection issue (though I see speedtest results of 150-250 Mbps, so I’m assuming not)?

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @ZAA, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Regarding your issue about the Audio dropouts on your Sonos Arc.I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to further investigate what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. 

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

The Sonos Community is always here to help

Do you get the Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos logo to appear when using the Arc. I have the same setup and when I select the internal speakers, the Atmos/ vision logos appear. When I switch to the E-Arc it drops the atmos logo and only displays dolby vision. This is on Disney+ BTW.

Do you get the Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos logo to appear when using the Arc. I have the same setup and when I select the internal speakers, the Atmos/ vision logos appear. When I switch to the E-Arc it drops the atmos logo and only displays dolby vision. This is on Disney+ BTW.

I have LG CX and Arc, you won't get Dolby Atmos logo when using Sonos Arc because it's not using internal TV speaker. As long as you get Atmos logo in Sonos app then it's running on Atmos. You can also check it in "About My System" in app.