sonos app keeps losing system.

• 25 November 2020
  • 3 replies

I’ve just upgraded router to handle 1gb service and now sonos app won’t keep connected to system. I originally tried to update WiFi name/password but when that seemed to fail I tried multiple times to just reset everything and reinstall system from scratch. It works fine for a bit but once we turn off music then go back to it later the system is gone again. Meanwhile Alexa app still sees everything fine and can control speakers. 

this is diagnostics if it helps: 1789496550

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Smack12345, thank you for reaching out to us, and welcome to the Sonos community. We really appreciate you for letting us know about your concern. Let me help you with this. 

Please follow the steps below so your Sonos can save your new Wifi information. 

Note: this process will require you to temporarily connect a Sonos speaker to your router with an Ethernet cable.

1. If your Sonos App already shows your home page:
    • Tap Settings > System > Network > Wireless Setup 
  2. If you are not seeing your homepage, follow these steps
    • Open the Sonos app and wait while it searches for your Sonos system.
    • If the app shows “We can’t connect to Sonos,” tap This isn’t working.
    • Tap More Options, then Update Wi-Fi Settings.
    • Follow the instructions to connect Sonos to the WiFi network.

If the steps listed above do not resolve your issue, please contact Sonos Customer Care with your full network setup including the make and model of each device, and for more in-depth troubleshooting steps to provide you the best option.

Please feel free to reach out in the future if you have any other questions. You're always welcome here.

Thanks for the response. I have tried this multiple times and each time it seems to work while the speaker is hooked up to router but as soon as i unplug and move the speaker back to it’s proper spot and power back up it’s lost again.

i’ll take a look at customer care site again as the last time it just suggested the same things i’ve already tried and didn’t see a way to actually talk to someone about my specific issue.

Thanks again for your time,

Sean

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Smack12345, thank you for your response and for sharing your feedback. I understand that this is a recurring issue with your Sonos system. I’d still recommend reaching out to our Sonos Customer Care support to expedite the process. This might be a network-related issue that our phone support needs to check and perhaps seek assistance from higher-level support to resolve this. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know. The Sonos Community is always here to help.