Question

SiriusXM Unable to play selected item or browse channels

• 20 July 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Here we go again!  About mid-day today, I began getting the dreaded ‘Unable to play selected item’ or browse SiriusXM channels,  This seems to happen every 3 or 4 months.  I can log onto the SiriusXM player via a web browser so it’s not an account issue.  I’m tired of every time this happens having to delete the service and re-add it.  Also checked the support website of Sonos and it shows no problem with the service.  Any ideas short of deleting the service?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

I’d try a simple network refresh, by unplugging all Sonos devices, then rebooting the router. Give the router time to recover, then plug the Sonos devices back in to power. Then test, and see if you can reproduce the issue.

If that works, and I think it will, then I’d look into your router’s manual and assigning reserved IP addresses for your Sonos in the router’s DHCP table. 

If it doesn’t work, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

When you talk to the phone folks, there are more options available. They are available Monday through Friday during business hours.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

Badge +1

Appreciate the reply Bruce but that isn’t really the issue - it’s only that SiriusXM channels were lost, nothing else.  The status.sonos.com page reported that SiriusXM was operational when in reality it was not.  Every other service on my Sonos system was working.  SiriusXM channels were up and running again around midnight so I’m assuming it was a Sonos outage with SiriusXM.  My concern is that the status page showed SiriusXM service working during the time it was not.

I assume that the checks on that web page are some sort of chron job, and have a slight delay in them, I don’t expect them to be real time. I’d expect something along the order of 5 minutes, maybe slightly more. Having managed server uptime reporting for games, that’s the kind of thing I’ve seen in the past. 

Same issue here and deleting and re-adding not working

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of trying to play SiriusXM, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

When you talk to the phone folks, there are more options available. They are available Monday through Friday during business hours.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

I’ll join in here--this just happened to me. I submitted a diagnostic, but they are warning that there could be a week delay in response to problem submission, and the ‘submit problem’ had a bunch of questions, each of which ended with ‘did that solve your problem?’ and ONLY a ‘yes’ button. There was no place to submit an email question, or chat. The only option was to post here. So I’m doing that. FWIW...