Skip to main content

Hi

I have a Connect Gen 2 which I'm trying to upgrade for use in the Sonos 2 app. The app finds the Connect and I follow the on screen instructions. It gets to a stage where the app says "Press the button with the flashing light", in the app this looks like it should be the play/pause button but the buttons on my Connect do not have lights. How do I get past this stage please.

Thanks 

John

Hi @John Morin 

Welcome to the Sonos Community! And, apologies for the delay.

I’m sorry to hear of the issues you’ve had in trying to setup your Connect on S2. You should see a picture similar to this:

Are you sure the buttons don’t have lights, or are they just not flashing for you at this time? It could be that the Connect didn’t receive the instruction from the app telling it to flash the buttons.

Assuming this is the case, I think a factory reset will probably help. Please follow these instructions:

• Unplug the power cord.
  • Press and hold the Play / Pause or Mute button while reconnecting power.
  • Continue holding the button until the light flashes orange and white.
  • The light will flash green when the process is complete and the product is ready to be set up. The app will automatically prompt you to add a product.

I hope this helps.

I spoke to Sonos support. Apparently attempting to upgrade to Sonos S2 has resulted in a boot failure. The Connect is now useless. I'm disgusted, well done Sonos.

Hi @John Morin 

I’m very sorry to hear that. However, it was not the update process that resulted in your Connect failing to boot up - it never got as far as attempting to install the software upgrade, so it must have been faulty before you ever tried. It is likely to be a fault with the unit’s internal data storage device.