S2 blew up my whole system.

• 8 July 2020
  • 8 replies

Badge

I love Sonos. I have at least 15 products. Everything was fine until I tried to switch to S2. It didn’t recognize my very simple system at my beach house (one play:3 in the bedroom and two play:5 gen 2’s in the living room.  I must have connected a component via Ethernet ten times already. I’ve rebooted, reset, initialized, you name it. My most recent attempt was to connect the play:3 directly to the router. It’s still there. Then I tried incorporating the two play 5’s. It can’t find them. Then I tried to find my speaker. It can’t find the Sonos WiFi.  I’m striking out.  I was on hold for 45 minutes with Sonos, then we were beginning the troubleshooting. Cecil said he’d call back if disconnected. We were disconnected once and he did call back. Then we have disconnected again and he never called back. Now it’s day two and I’ve been on hold now another 20 minutes.  Cmon Sonos, don’t get too big I provide quality support.  This &**cks. I never should have upgraded. I’m lost.  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Rayw405, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming from. I appreciate you taking the time to do some basic troubleshooting to resolve the issue. About your concern about missing speakers, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to check valuable information on what could be causing the issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.   

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

The Sonos Community is always here to help

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Similar problem. I try adding a missing product - it tells me it can’t find it and to connect to ethernet - do that and the lights on the unit don’t match what the app is looking for. I’ve even done a Factory Reset on an AMP per the directions the application was giving me and it’s still not found. Out of 3 Play 5’s Ver 2, 2 AMPs and 1 PORT the PORT is the only device I’ve been able to Connect to S2. I tried to take one of the AMPs back to S1 and even after a Factory Reset the S1 app says the unit has S2 software and can’t be added to the S1 app.So the S1 app at least sees the AMP which is more that the S2 app does.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Hornet305, thanks for reaching out. I appreciate you taking the time to do some basic troubleshooting to resolve the issue. I’ll ask you as well to submit a diagnostic report for us to check valuable information on what could be causing the issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.   

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Did a factory reset on each and every device, one at a time, one AMP was already connected via ethernet, the other one I had to run an ethernet connection to for it to be found. So factory reset on 6 devices, then the system wanted to upgrade the software on that device to S2 before I could go on. Just finished getting the last device connected. Then had to re-connect the NAS that holds all my music.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Hornet305, thanks for the update. Thank you for doing all the possible troubleshooting steps to set up your Sonos system. Is it all working now? As well as the Music Library from your NAS?

My six speaker system is now screwed! Play 1’s upgraded, two Play 3’s say incompatible and the Play 5 is not working now.  I can’t remove products because it says it needs to update but the update NEVER works.  I’ve spent hours on this!  Everything was working fine until this stupid update and NO, I don’t want to Trade Up when all my stuff was working completely fine!

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Kent_17, thanks for reaching out. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming. Regarding your concern, so that we will be able to see the status of the whole Sonos system. I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  

Userlevel 2
Badge

I love Sonos. I have at least 15 products. Everything was fine until I tried to switch to S2. It didn’t recognize my very simple system at my beach house (one play:3 in the bedroom and two play:5 gen 2’s in the living room.  I must have connected a component to via Ethernet ten times already. I’ve rebooted, reset, initialized, you name it. My most recent attempt was to connect the play:3 directly to the router. It’s still there. Then I tried incorporating the two play 5’s. It can’t find them. Then I tried find my speaker. It can’t find the Sonos WiFi.  I’m striking out.  I was on hold for 45 minutes with Sonos, then we were beginning the trouble shooting. Cecil said he’d call back if disconnected. We were disconnected once and he did call back. Then we were disconnected again and he never called back. Now it’s day two and I’ve been on hold now another 20 minutes.  Cmon Sonos, don’t get too big I provide quality support.  This &**cks. I never should have upgraded. I’m lost.  

S2 is a disaster.  Unstable.  No value.