Room and Components dont exist

• 15 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Hopefully the hive mind can help. My wife was struggling accessing one room on Sonos. It turned out to be a WiFi error subsequently.

I’m not sure how she did it but she established another Kitchen group ( called Kitchen 2) which includes components which weren’t in there. ( a Sonos Connect) 
i seem stuck with it. Even though the group and items aren’t there. The connect is in another room performing fine. Try as I might im unable to delete the room or the connect from it.

Do I have to delete the whole system and start again ? It’s just an increasing annoyance. Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Why not just rename Kitchen 2 to the appropriate name? 

In Sonos terms, a ‘room’ is a speaker or speakers bonded together to always play the same source and volume.  If you want to play 2 rooms in synch, you would ‘group’ them.  You can also create a named/saved group of rooms that you play to often.  I’m not exactly sure what you when refer to “Kitchen group”

Thanks Danny. So I could add the non existent Kitchen2 to Kitchen and just call them all Kitchen? 
I’ll try that. Cheers 

Thanks Danny. So I could add the non existent Kitchen2 to Kitchen and just call them all Kitchen? 
I’ll try that. Cheers 

That’s not what I said. You said that “Kitchen2” contained your Sonos Connect, which was physically located in another room in the house.  I was suggesting that you rename Kitchen2 to whatever room your Connect is physically located in.

Oh I see. Thanks I’ll try that. I’ve already set that up as a new room though. Grr