Answered

My sonos Play:1 sometimes plays alarm chime instead of selected radio channel, how do I fix that?

• 23 June 2021
  • 3 replies

• Contributor I
  • 1 reply

Play:1 on wifi (measuring with my wifi analyzer close to the unit it says full power)

50% of the time each morning I get chime instead of my favorite radio channel. If I turn it of and pushes play the radio starts normally, so it is not a connection problem.

Amp wired:

My Amp starts alway normally on the same radio channel.

My send dianostic number is: 579536031

Note : I use Google wifi to cover my house.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 23 June 2021, 16:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @nis 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

The alarm chimes because it cannot, at that precise moment, connect to Sonos Radio. This seems to be due to the Google WiFi trying to get the Play:1 to connect to 5GHz WiFi, which it will not do, which extends the time it takes for the speaker to reconnect to WiFi, when scheduled.

There is a simple fix, depending on how far apart the Play:1 and Amp are. Please re-enable WiFi on the Amp: Settings » System » Family Room » Amp » Enable WiFi.

About a minute later, assuming it is within range of the Amp, the Play:1 will bypass your Google WiFi and the reconnection problem. You can check this has worked by going to Settings » System » About My System and looking for WM:0 under the the Bedroom’s details. It will say WM:1 if it’s still connecting to your Google Mesh and if this is the case, try rebooting the speaker by unplugging it from power for a few moments. If it still reports WM:1 after the reboot, then the two Sonos devices are likely too far apart for this to help.

There could be another possibility, however. Please reauthorise your Sonos Radio account: Settings » Services & Voice » Sonos Radio » Reauthorise Account.

WM:0 worked :relaxed: :fingers_crossed:

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @nis 

Fantastic! Glad to hear it!