Answered

My Sonos

• 17 October 2020
  • 5 replies

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

I have just lost all “My Sonos” favourites. Can they be restored to a previous time? Cheers JA1

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 17 October 2020, 16:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

No. As they are stored in all of your Sonos players, this is unlikely. Maybe you just have a bad network connection, have you tried (temporarily) hard-wiring a speaker to your router?

If you get them back, you can back them up using my iOS app (see profile).

No. As they are stored in all of your Sonos players, this is unlikely. Maybe you just have a bad network connection, have you tried (temporarily) hard-wiring a speaker to your router?

If you get them back, you can back them up using my iOS app (see profile).

...and restore/transfer them to a HH ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Restoration would require a UPnP app, such as UPnP Spy, or a custom app I could sling together for a customer who needed it.

Restoration would require a UPnP app, such as UPnP Spy, or a custom app I could sling together for a customer who needed it.

Ah I wasn’t sure @controlav. It would be nice to have an ‘all in one’ App that catered for both the export and import of the .xml files and to keep things simple and available in the one App.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Ah I wasn’t sure @controlav. It would be nice to have an ‘all in one’ App that catered for both the export and import of the .xml files and to keep things simple and available in the one App.  

True, but I have always been wary of non-recoverable “write-operations” to the Sonos system, and this falls into that category. I’ll take a look for the next update, the code is simple, but the testing is not, and the UX always takes me too long.