Answered

mute flashing green.

• 26 November 2022
  • 5 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

Hi purchased a used connect amp and cant seem to connect to network and the the app doesn't find the product. I have done a factory reset and it is plugged in ethernet.the mute button flashes green all the time put cant seem to connect, am i missing something  

icon

Best answer by jgatie 26 November 2022, 21:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

It’s firmware could be too out of date to add via wireless.  Temporarily wire it to your router via Ethernet, then try to add.  Once it is added, allow it to update, then deploy wirelessly.  

it is connect via Ethernet

it is connect via Ethernet

I would contact Sonos support.  There have been cases where the firmware is so old, they have to force an update from support. 

Is it perhaps an early 1st generation Sonos Connect Amp (manufactured prior to March 2015, I think?) and you’re trying to set it up using the S2 App? If so, you will need to use the S1 Sonos App instead. Also ensure your mobile controller device meets these system requirements:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/sonos-app-requirements

that was the issue.