Skip to main content

Why not simply use the dual mono setting in the Amps settings? Stereo sound could ger confusing with the setup you are thinking about.

IMO, it wouldn’t harm to try it. If you’re implementing it properly, all of the wiring should come back to a single point where the Amps are, so swapping the speaker connections round should be trivial if you find that it sounds odd.

Why not simply use the dual mono setting in the Amps settings? Stereo sound could ger confusing with the setup you are thinking about.

Its an option but I don’t get any stereo effect then at all right? apologies, a novice here...

IMO, it wouldn’t harm to try it. If you’re implementing it properly, all of the wiring should come back to a single point where the Amps are, so swapping the speaker connections round should be trivial if you find that it sounds odd.

Makes sense. The only thing is whether I should go with 4 speakers on the 4 corners instead and get stereo between left and right side of the room. This won’t be doable with the 2 x3 speaker configuration. with this, my only fallback would be stereo between the two long isles or dual mono I guess

I like alternating L/R around a large room that will probably not be used for focused listening. With multiple speakers you can cover the whole area without hotspots. Regardless of their body orientation, all listeners, at all locations, will have left and right available. True, left and right will be reversed for some listeners in some locations — depending on which way they face at the moment.

I recommend at least six speakers.

I’d go with 6 too.

Wiring them up, well why not leave enough slack in the wires that you can swap them around to see what sounds best to you? Using “stacking banana plugs” makes the swapping quick and easy.

Like these, many types available.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BTYKFGLN/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1