Answered

Hi there. Got a playlist with 1600 songs on Apple Music & it just won't play on Sonos, though smaller playlits works just fine.

• 20 July 2022
  • 3 replies

I get an an error 1002 (An error occurred while adding tracks to the queue).

I read on another thread that it might have to do with some limitation from Apple, which would only work with playlsit of 1000 tracks and less… but I can’t (or don’t want to) believe that explanation. 1000 tracks is not that much!!

Anybody here found a solution for this problem? Thanks a lot.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 20 July 2022, 18:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Maybe split the playlist into two, or more, smaller ones and just try adding them to Sonos room queue separately and see if that perhaps works for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Time how long it takes to try and play it - there is a time limit, either 10 or 15 seconds, if it takes longer than that it will error out.

I did test a few things myself, because of the limits mentioned here and managed to get an AM playlist of 900 tracks to load and play on Sonos - that was fast approaching the 15 second timeout limit and in this instance, proved to be more than 53 hours of music playback.

It was also possible to go on and add another AM playlist of 900 tracks to the end of the queue, so 1800 tracks wasn’t an issue doing it in two separate stages.