Answered

Grouping issue with S2 Desktop App - room volume controls stop working

• 23 October 2022
  • 8 replies

Recently there seems to be an issue with the S2 Desktop app.  I have tried to fix it with a Sonos Technician (case# 04350051) but they couldn’t fix it, and suggested I try and escalate it for a more advanced investigation. 

What seems very odd is there is no way to advance and ‘report an issue’ other than calling Sonos, and after spending over an hour yesterday on Sonos chat, some of us just have the time to sit on a phone. Hence why I’m highlighting the issue here.

The issue is (and it’s only an issue with S2 Desktop app), whenever rooms are grouped the volume control and mute controls of the grouped rooms often stop working. The only way to get them working is ‘ungroup’ and the individual rooms then have working volume/mute controls.

It’s not an IP issue (Sonos tech checked that) and several diagnostic reports sent to Sonos. It’s only on the S2 Desktop app, and only happens when using grouping.  Could this be looked in to and update fix be released. Thanks

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 23 October 2022, 13:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

I called Sonos and they said it is Windows 11 issue for the desktop. I am having the same problem. Apparently this featured is now disabled. I tried the phone app but is has some bugs as well. Very frustrating! Just happened right before we planned a HUGE party and the sound system was a mess.

I’ve been using the phone app without issue since it was released. Is there some possibility you’re experiencing more than one issue? Perhaps some wifi interference , causing your controller not to properly connect to the system running on your speakers?

Having the same issue with greyed out volumesliders in the desktop app since 2 days now.

Using Windows 10, so does not seem to be a Windows 11 issue.

Removed and reinstalled the Desktop app. Did not solve it.

No issues with Wifi.

Using Sonos Net.

Have been working fine untill now

Phone app working normal.

Sonos have confirmed it is a bug in their Windows Desktop App S2 - here’s their last message to me…

Thank you for flagging this issue. We are aware that this bug slipped in with the latest update of the Windows controller and we are currently working on a fix. A possible workaround until the fix is to ungroup the rooms and re-group them. If that doesn't fix the problem the only way to control the volume would be via a mac or your mobile device until we fixed the issue with the Windows controller.

That's good - bad news ;)

At least we can stop searching in our own systems for a default.

Thanks for the info.

Noticed this problem several days ago, thanks for the information.

waiting patiently...

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

This update was a true screw-up!  Escalation team says it may not be addressed till YEAR END?   WTH?  Sonos, you broke this for many thousands of users who relay on a windows app to control VOLUME for goodness sake.  PLEASE FIX IT NOW.