Skip to main content

I’ve posted about this before, but have since taken the steps recommended to correct the problem and they persist.

Basically, I’ve been receiving constant “connection to spotify was lost” and “Song is not encoded correctly” errors. I am using a Boost that is hardwired to the router (I replaced the ethernet cable upon someone suggesting this.) I have a Play:1, Play:3 and Sonos:One.

Suspecting that it also might be my router equipment, I replaced it yesterday, but the errors are just as common this morning, so that wasn’t the problem.

Any tips you can provide would be very appreciated. The devices are pretty unusable at the moment. My most recent Diagnostic is #653648177

Hi @conor 

Thanks for your post!

How close to your router is your Boost? If it’s less than 1m (3 feet), please move it to at least that distance, or as much as is reasonably possible.

Test playback, and if it hasn’t improved, please look into removing possible sources of interference from near the speakers too.

Is it only Spotify that has playback issues? How do other sources perform? Looking at the diagnostics, I would presume the same.

I hope this helps.