Answered

Connect Low Volume since update

• 19 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Ever since my app updated, my Connect has very low volume. Connect→ Amp→ Speakers. Amp turned to 100%. Worked fine prior to update.

Diagnostic: 502130599.

icon

Best answer by Paul A 26 June 2020, 22:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @kennabt.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thank you for bringing your concern to our attention and thanks for submitting a diagnostic.

I would like to share to you that based on the diagnostic submitted, there are no hardware failures on your Sonos Connect, there is also no issue with the volume limit on your Sonos connect.

Since you have mentioned about the Amp volume turned to 100% working but has no effect on audio volume, I would suggest going through the following steps to help us isolate the issue.

I would try disconnecting the Sonos Connect from the Amp and then play music/audio directly from the Amp and check how the volume behaves. This will give us room for isolating the audio issue to only the Amp for a possible hardware fault on the Amp.

I would recommend going through this guide on how to check physical connections on your Sonos Connect audio system.

Please let me know of the results of the tests. We’ll always lend you a hand.

Thanks,

My connect amp was working perfect with 4 outdoor Polk speakers but all the sudden the volume went down! I have to turn it up all the way to 100 in order to have some listings! 
any suggestions!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Capuchi.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. Allow me to share some information to help out.

I would like to recommend replicating the issue by playing a music and after 2-5 minutes of the issue happening, I would suggest submitting a diagnostic. I would also like to ask some questions to better understand how to proceed.

• Does the issue only happen when playing a particular song or from a particular music service?
  • Does this also happen regardless of the music service?
  • Can we try to unplug the device from power and plug it back into power after 2-3 minutes to check if the issue still persists. A power cycle helps refresh the system and remove any temporary data or glitch that might be causing this issue.
  • Can we also try other music services on the Sonos App and check if we have the same behavior?
  • What other devices are connected to your Connect AMP aside from the Polk Speakers?

The more information you provide, the more we can have a better understanding on what is going on and know how to proceed.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I’ll be here to help.

Thanks,