Answered

Cannot connect Sonos S1 / Connect:Amp to Spotify

• 11 November 2022
  • 7 replies

My workplace has been using Sonos S1 and Connect:Amps with Spotify for years, but suddenly Spotify has dropped off Sonos.  Attempting to add it results in an error when trying to authorize.  Link code is incorrect.

The steps on Windows 10:

In Sonos S1, Manage menu -> Service Settings...

Services option window - Click Add

Available services - Select Spotify

Add Spotify - click Connect to Spotify

Add Spotify account - Please authorize Sonos to use your Spotify account - Click Authorize

After the Authorize button is clicked I’m taken to the following page:

https://spotify-v5.ws.sonos.com/deviceLink/home?linkCode=XXXXXX   (hidden for privacy)

This is where I get stuck.  The Link Code is incorrect, and I cannot authorize Spotify. 

Music Service Setup

The link code you entered is not valid. Please check the link code and re-enter it below.
Please enter the link code here to set up Spotify on your Sonos System

The link code you entered is not valid. Please check the link code and re-enter it below.

I have tried a brand new web browser (Mozilla), as well as Chrome and Edge.  Mozilla had no cookies stored.

I tried to add Spotify using the Sonos S1 app on Android.  Exact same error message when trying to authorize Spotify.

How to I get the Link Code, or get sonos.com to accept it?

My set up:

Version:    11.6.1
Sonos OS:    S1
Build:        571334140
Sonos ID:    1xxxxxxx0

Associated Product: 192.168.1.213
---------------------------------
Connect:Amp: Reception
Serial Number: 00-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx:0
Sonos OS: S1
Version: 11.6.1 (build 571334140)
Hardware Version: 1.16.3.1-2.0
Series ID: P100
IP Address: 192.168.1.214
WM: 0
OTP: 1.1.1(1-16-3-0.9)
Connect:Amp: Surgery 1
IP Address: 192.168.1.213
Connect:Amp: Surgery 2
IP Address: 192.168.1.212
Connect:Amp: Surgery 3
IP Address: 192.168.1.210

icon

Best answer by controlav 12 November 2022, 15:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Perhaps try using the Sonos app on a different device to add your music service. Some services, like Apple Music and others, cannot be added using the Sonos app for macOS or Windows and may require an iOS or Android device.

After adding the service, you'll be able to play it from any device connected to your system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Use a mobile app to authenticate with Spotify. The PC app can’t handle app authentication.

Hi controlav,

When you say use a mobile app to authenticate with Spotify, do you mean the Sonos S1 app?  I have that on my phone, and have already tried (see original post).  It didn’t work, and delivered the same error message page as trying it on PC/Mac.

Or are you referring to authorizing using the Spotify app?  In which case, how do add Spotify to Sonos S1 using the Spotify app?

Hi controlav,

When you say use a mobile app to authenticate with Spotify, do you mean the Sonos S1 app?  I have that on my phone, and have already tried (see original post).  It didn’t work, and delivered the same error message page as trying it on PC/Mac.

Or are you referring to authorizing using the Spotify app?  In which case, how do add Spotify to Sonos S1 using the Spotify app?

I was not asked for a code when I just tried installing the Spotify service in the Sonos S1 App. (See attached animation).

Perhaps first ensure you have the up-to-date ‘native’ Spotify App installed on your mobile device logged in with the correct Spotify account credentials, and when you’ve checked that App is working, just retry installing the Spotify service within the Sonos App that’s also logged into Sonos account in ‘settings’ and you are able to see your Sonos speakers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi controlav,

Both.

Use the S1 app to Add Spotify. As a part of that authentication process, it should spawn the Spotify app on your mobile device.

This app spawning method (known as app link authentication) is not available on PC.

Hi,

One of my work colleagues tried the above suggestion and it worked.  Install Spotify on iOS, log it in, and then run Sonos and add Spotify.  Worked first time.

As a suggestion to the developers of Sonos, perhaps it would be a good idea to add some instructions on the Sonos error page that Spotify cannot be added to Sonos on PC/Mac, and that a phone must be used.

https://spotify-v5.ws.sonos.com/deviceLink/home?linkCode=XXXXXX

Several years ago, Sonos stopped work, other than bug fixes, on all desktop versions of their software, and at the same time, removed some of the functionality. They pointed everyone to their mobile controllers, which is reflected in their FAQs.