Skip to main content

Hi! I have a ZP120 amp connected to two bookshelf speakers that I use for music playing. Is there a way to connect my TV to it? Keep in mind these ZP120’s do not have the HDMI ARC connections that the new Amps  have. It only has an analog Line-In input and two ethernet ports.

If it IS possible, my next question is about how it works: I don’t want to have to open the sonos app and select anything when I use the TV--I just want to turn the TV on and have the sound come out of the speakers…

Thx!

Not really.  You would need to convert the output on the TV to analog (very few TVs have analog output nowadays), then feed it to the Line-In connection on the ZP.  However, the Line-In imparts a 75 ms delay on the signal, causing lip sync problems with the video.  

Thx for the reply. Oh, well.

Thx for the reply. Oh, well.

@timbmoss : Not quite! 

There are a couple of things to try - I have found that once the delay in Sonos is set to minimum, the lip sync delay is not noticed, and if your TV has even a headphone jack, it is easy to see if this works for you as well, wiring the jack to the line in on the Zp 120. For just the cost of a patch cable.

Set the line in to Autoplay, if this works, you will get what you are looking for.

If the delay is intrusive, but things work well otherwise, take a look at this for a solution that may be worth investigating: