Answered

audio actions in routines are currently not supported on this device

• 13 March 2020
  • 7 replies

I have an echo Dot and Sonos one, I also have some smart home items.

I'm creating routines in Alexa and get the prompt Sonos one "audio actions in routines are currently not supported on this device" although it them proceeds to complete the audio action…

What do I need to do to keep the audio action but stop the stupid message !

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 13 March 2020, 11:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Some Alexa routines may work via Sonos devices, but they are not “officially” supported so you will get the Alexa message mentioned in some instances.

It’s not clear if Sonos products will go onto support Alexa routines.

Ken,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

It just seems daft that it gives the error, and then complete the task anyway.

The Sonos One that I have had Alexa built in.

It would seem that I should dump Sonos and just have another Alexa, if I want to run this routine without the annoying error status, which doesn't stop the routine from running but just seems silly when it complete the audio anyway.

Badge +2

My Sonos One would do the Alexa routine called "Good morning", which is one of the featured routines in the Alexa app.

I then switched to the Google assistent and then switched back to Alexa.

But the routine doesn't work anymore, in fact no routine works.

Even certain skills don't work anymore, or only work half.

For example I have a skill for VRT Radio 2 which can be started by either , play, open or start Radio 2.

Before you could use all 3 phrases, now only open or start. When you say "play Radio 2" it plays BBC Radio 2.

Another example is the VRT Radio 1 skill.

It doesn't work at all.

I've tried by first logging out of the Alexa app then deleting the app, removing the Alexa from my Sonos, then deleting the Sonos app.

After that re-installed and setup everything.

Alexa routines still not working.

I even tried the Yonomi app, but no routines I make in there work when I say the trigger phrase.

The only thing I didn't do when removing the apps from my phone and voice assistant from the Sonos was to deregister the Sonos from my Amazon account.

Can this perhaps be a solution to make it work again ?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings,

Soxbrother

As a Sonos customer the audio integration with alexa not working is a major frustration. It seems the longer and more forward home integration goes the further Sonos relevance has fallen behind. Please invest some time in integration and less time on a 15 speaker fake atmos sound bar. For Sonos to remain relevant it is going to take integration because every other manufacture has a me too product and Sonos is expensive. As a user, willing to pay that premium I expect to have full integration With home automation. Has Sonos given up? What is the eta of audio integration? It’s been a know issue for years!!!

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

As a Sonos customer the audio integration with alexa not working is a major frustration. It seems the longer and more forward home integration goes the further Sonos relevance has fallen behind. Please invest some time in integration and less time on a 15 speaker fake atmos sound bar. For Sonos to remain relevant it is going to take integration because every other manufacture has a me too product and Sonos is expensive. As a user, willing to pay that premium I expect to have full integration With home automation. Has Sonos given up? What is the eta of audio integration? It’s been a know issue for years!!!

Couldn’t agree more with this comment. Other forums show Bose addressed this issue with their smart speaker Alexa integration years ago.

You're right it’s a known issue and is totally fixable and it majorly impacts the scalability of a Sonos system. The power of smart speakers is in the automation and routines. Sonos is bordering on false advertising claiming “works with Alexa” in their marketing.

Not being able to buy a Sonos move in ‘lunar grey’ is not what’s stopping me buying more Sonos kit, it’s this issue of routines which has been unresolved for years now.

Badge

It looks like this is now fixed. I no longer hear the audio actions not supported message. Anyone else can confirm?

It looks like this is now fixed. I no longer hear the audio actions not supported message. Anyone else can confirm?

No need for duplicate postings.

Voice-enabled Sonos products using Amazon Alexa now support the use of Alexa Routines.

Release notes for 12.1