Answered

adverts mid song

• 13 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi I keep getting adverts for Sonos being carbon mutual or to raise money for the DEC but it’s mid song. Any ideas how to stop this.  I haven’t been able to connect my old system to my iPhone and now this

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 13 April 2022, 08:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

What streaming source are you listening to?

All of the streaming companies I’m aware of only insert what are called ‘pre-roll’ ads when a stream starts. It’s more than likely that if you’re getting them mid-song, you’re actually experiencing some sort of disconnect of your speakers from the source, and then it reconnects, which the streaming company assumes is a new connection.

Have you submitted a diagnostic after these events, and contacted Sonos support?

Hi Bruce

i haven’t contacted Sonos or done a diagnostic. I’m listening to Gold on tune it in via our play 1. It will be mid song and an advert comes on

We get pre roll adverts too when we first switch on

Indeed, I would expect pre-roll adverts on startup, since TuneIn probably needs to pay their folks, but I absolutely don’t expect them mid-song. Which is why I’m suggesting that it’s likely that your speaker is disconnecting from the source temporarily, at least enough for the TuneIn system to think it needs to send a new “pre-roll” advertisement. 

I’d certainly start with a fairly simple network refresh, by which I mean unplugging the Sonos devices from power, then rebooting your router. Once the router comes back up, plug back in your Sonos devices.

But that may not be the issue. It can cover a lot of circumstances, but if you do it, and the issue continues, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.