Question

Sub gen 2 vs gen 3

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
  • Trending Lyricist I
  • 19 replies

So i’m trying to figure out if buying sub gen 3 when i already have gen 2.

my question is, what’s the upgrade from gen 2 to gen 3 sub?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

I think about buying my fist sonos sub and I’m not sure whether to buy gen 2 or 3... I always tend to buy used products and I could get a gen 2 at around 450 € which is half the price of a new gen 3.

So I’m not sure whether I have to go for gen 3 to have a system that runs in the future with all functionality? (at least 5 years)

What would you say?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The Gen 2 will be fully supported for a minimum of five years from the date Sonos quits selling it. They will (as they do for all devices) continue supporting it for as long as possible, but the five is a promised minimum.

I don’t see much in the Gen 3 to make me want to pay a premium to get one.

Badge

I think about buying my fist sonos sub and I’m not sure whether to buy gen 2 or 3... I always tend to buy used products and I could get a gen 2 at around 450 € which is half the price of a new gen 3.

So I’m not sure whether I have to go for gen 3 to have a system that runs in the future with all functionality? (at least 5 years)

What would you say?

Can you please share where gen 2 available for €450. Th