Answered

Sonos Port Variable Volume keeps going back to fixed

• 27 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello!

I have a Sonos Port connected to a Denon AVR.

Every time I switch the output to variable volume it jumps back to fixed, can you please help me?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 28 February 2023, 02:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

This should not be happening. One thing I’d certainly try is a simple power cycle of the Sonos Port, to force it to reload the OS.

However, if that doesn’t resolve it, the next time it happens, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes, and call Sonos Support to discuss it. 

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network. 

Oh, hold a moment. Is that Denon AVR “Sonos enabled” or whatever phrase marketing uses? It might be that the software on the Denon could be forcing that change. 

It’s an older 1500h denon, so not sure its the sonos enabled but i’ll check.

I can set it to passthrough, but not to variable.