Answered

Sonos Boost discontinued??

• 31 August 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Is Sonos Boost discontinued?? I couldn't find it anymore from TC Acoustic's (the distributor of SONOS for Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong) website and got reply from their CS that it is no longer in production...

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 31 August 2022, 20:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

It’s still available on the Sonos website, so I don’t think it’s been discontinued. Nor have I seen any announcement about a new device that fits in that category.

Perhaps they have better avenues of knowledge in the production chain than we poor users do?

Or are they misinterpreting a “we’re not able to get the chips to produce them right now” message as “not making them anymore”?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

It’s still available on the Sonos website, so I don’t think it’s been discontinued. Nor have I seen any announcement about a new device that fits in that category.

Perhaps they have better avenues of knowledge in the production chain than we poor users do?

Or are they misinterpreting a “we’re not able to get the chips to produce them right now” message as “not making them anymore”?

Here's the reply I've got:

Certainly isn’t reflected as out of production on the Sonos USA website. It shows up as “available”. Beyond that, I don’t have any particular knowledge.

Still on sale in UK too, and no indication thatit is being discontinued.  It looks like you have been given incorrect information.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Thanks for the reply! I'm not sure but I've been talking to the sole distributor of Sonos in my region...

But a distributor isn’t Sonos. It’s possible they’ve either misinterpreted the information they’ve received, or been given incorrect information, either by Sonos, or some other middle man they use to get product.

I’d certainly expect the same thing that occurred in the past when Sonos ‘retired’ a device, there was an announcement, and in most cases, a replacement device. 

You should contact Sonos sales for better information, neither this community, nor apparently the distributor will have the ultimate information. 

Userlevel 1

It appears to be on its way out.  While it is on the Sonos website, I had to search for it and it’s in their “Last Chance” section.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Couldn’t find any updates on the Boost’s production status.

Boost: https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/boost

Power: https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/power-cables-boost

Badge +20

Last chance in the UK as well.