Answered

SONOS Amp connectivity question

• 22 January 2023
  • 9 replies

I am looking to buy a SONOS Amp and have a couple of questions before taking the plunge…

Firstly, I have a record player and CD player. Is there any way to connect both to the SONOS Amp as there is only one line-in connection? Can I get a spliter of some kind.

and

Can I use wireless headphone with the SONOS Amp?

Thank you
DMB

icon

Best answer by buzz 22 January 2023, 13:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Yes, you can use a RCA line splitter cable or RCA switch - I suggest using a switch, checkout Amazon perhaps for those, or any good online electrical/audio retailer. Audio can be played to the Amp speakers or any/all Sonos speakers that are setup within the same system/household.

It’s ‘No’, however to using BT/wireless headphones - there’s no analog/digital line out options on the Amp. Maybe look at the Sonos Port instead (or aswell as), which has both analog/digital line-out (and a line-in) and will do ALL these things.

Sonos Amp connections…

Sonos Port connections…

Hope those images assist. 👍

No, do not connect two devices to a single input using a simple Y-cable. In rare cases it might work for low quality input devices, but you should assume that it will not work and success will depend on which device is powered-up. Each device will perceive the other device as some sort of foreign offender that should be neutralized.

An RCA switch is the best approach, but you could also use or build a simple mixer.

Badge +20

Also… the line level from the CD player is quite likely to be much higher than that from a phono amplifier meaning the line in level will need adjusting (in the So so app) depending on if you use the turntable or CD player.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

A switch will be enough but if you want to match sound levels a small mixer might be a better fit.

Additional mixer plus is some have a headphone output too.

Greetings all,

I have a S2 and one of my AMP connect box lost connection and I am not able to connect this box back. All my other amp connect boxes are working fine. Sonos app is detecting this box and I go through the setup fine up until the app asks me to press the flashing button on the amp connect box which is when it fails to detect the press. 

I have tried resetting to factory settings as well with no luck. I have a flashing orange light currently on the box.

any suggestions?

We cannot rule out hardware failure at this point. I suggest that you refrain from Factory Reset without further consult.

”AMP connect” is not a valid SONOS product name.

Is this device wired to your network? If not, I suggest that you wire the product while working through the issue. While wired, make sure that the WiFi credentials are correct.

Greetings all,

I have a S2 and one of my AMP connect box lost connection and I am not able to connect this box back. All my other amp connect boxes are working fine. Sonos app is detecting this box and I go through the setup fine up until the app asks me to press the flashing button on the amp connect box which is when it fails to detect the press. 

I have tried resetting to factory settings as well with no luck. I have a flashing orange light currently on the box.

any suggestions?

It sounds like there maybe a fault, particularly if you cannot get a flashing green status LED after a factory reset - can you perhaps try the factory reset steps again, as described in this Sonos Support link:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1096

if no joy though after that, then It maybe best to immediately submit a system diagnostic and either note/post it’s reference back here and then contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK  and see what the Staff can suggest to resolve the issue.

Thank you Ken for your prompt response. It was wireless and I have also tried connecting through Ethernet with no luck. I called Sonos and not much help other than telling me to buy a new device. Honestly , disappointed with their support. They collected diagnostic and I don’t think they spent enough time before recommending a new device. You are right on the green LED light. I did not see this as expected from factory reset.