Answered

Port Analog Line Out to A/V Receiver Settings

• 26 December 2021
  • 3 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

Hi, all. Just hooked up my Audio Technica LP120 turntable to my Port via Line In. Throws the music to my Sonos One nicely. Sounds great. I have the Port’s analog line out RL going into a Sony A/V receiver which is the same line that the turntable was originally using before I set up the Port. I’m not happy now with how the turntable music sounds through the A/V receiver via the Port compared to when the turntable was connected directly to the receiver. Very bass-heavy and less clear. I realize it’s probably now a balancing act between the loudness-bass-treble settings of the Port combined with those same available settings on the reciever. Anyone have optimal settings suggestions for the analog line out of the Port to an A/V receiver? Thanks.

icon

Best answer by buzz 26 December 2021, 21:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

The Phono input on your receiver is not appropriate for anything other than a direct turntable connection. You should use any other analog input on the receiver.

Thanks, buzz.  I'll try that.

100% spot on, buzz.  Your suggestion worked.  Thanks so much!!