Answered

no sound from sub

• 9 March 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge

I have a home theater with the arc, 2 ones, and a sub. I had the setup for a few months and haven't heard sound coming from the sub. The sub is connected, the white light is on on the sub, and I've set the sub level to +15. What am I missing here? Is there a way to test the sub to produce a sound?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 10 March 2023, 03:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7

Make sure all speakers have Wi-Fi enabled in the Sonos app.

Are any of the speakers wired with an ethernet cable? 

It should have emitted a few bleeps as you added it to your ARC.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Stream some music, boost the bass in the EQ settings as well as increasing Sub volume to +15, and toggle loudness on and off, and you should hear some differences. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You're really not supposed to hear the Sub. If a Sub works it ads to the sound stage, without you being able to point to the Sub and saying ”that's where it's coming from".

This does not mean there's nothing wrong with your Sub, but you could ask yourself if your expectations aren't to high.

You can VERY GENTLEY feel the speaker cones in order to verify operation.

Badge

@GuitarSuperstar  yes, my arc is wired ethernet and I have the Wifi Disabled

Badge

@GuitarSuperstar  I re-enabled wifi on the arc and i’m hearing sound on the sub! thank you. does that mean I don’t need to run an ethernet cable to the arc then?

Userlevel 7

@GuitarSuperstar  I re-enabled wifi on the arc and i’m hearing sound on the sub! thank you. does that mean I don’t need to run an ethernet cable to the arc then?

You don’t have to, but if it gives you a more stable network connection, you can keep it wired. Just always keep Wi-Fi enabled on all speakers in the Sonos app.

Badge

Perfect. Thanks again @GuitarSuperstar. Been loving sound from the sub tonight.