Answered

No sound coming out of sonos Era300 when connected to Sony PS-LX310BT Turntable via bluetooth

• 19 November 2023
  • 79 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have a Sonos system, Era300 and Era100 speakers, and I have a Sony LX310BT vinyl turntable.

Everything was working perfectly for a few days: the vinyl player and the Sonos Era300 speaker are perfectly connected via Bluetooth with a steady blue light.

However, for the past few days, no sound is coming out of the speaker when I try to connect it to either the Era300 or Era100.

I tested my turntable on a Bluetooth Marshall speaker, and it works.

I connected my phone via Bluetooth to the speakers using Apple Music, and there is sound.

I've tried to troubleshoot the issue from every angle, but I can't find a solution. I don't know why, overnight, no sound is coming out.

I have done the lastest update. Problem remains…

Has there been a Sonos firmware update?

thx!

icon

Best answer by Corry P 15 December 2023, 12:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

79 replies

Same issue.  Diagnostic for me while the devices were paired and a record was playing: 636789008

I just was gifted an era 100 to go with my Sony Bluetooth record player, and I am having the same issue. It says it’s connected via Bluetooth in the Sonos app but it’s not working. 

Same problem with my system, turntable was working through Era100 but now won’t - but has an obvious connection to Era100. Reconnected turntable to another Bluetooth speaker and playing fine.  Diagnostics submitted No 1811496639

Userlevel 2
Badge

« Sonos guys »??? Youhou ?!!

We feel a little bit abandoned here….

Userlevel 7

« Sonos guys »??? Youhou ?!!

We feel a little bit abandoned here….

Be patient. Sonos is aware of the problem and will send a new software update when the problem has been fixed. It has only been 10 days since the 15.10 update was released.

Userlevel 1

I understand that patience is needed, but I think we’d like some assurance that this can be fixed. I was happy with the performance of the unit, but my return window is closing and I don’t want to be stuck with a $500 paperweight. I’m sure others don’t have the luxury of a return at this point, and are probably even more anxious.

It worked before, which means it can be fixed. 

Same issue, still doesn't work...

Same issues here. My Sonos ERA 300 only arrived today  (28th November 23) with the sole purpose of linking it  to my turntable, so I'm so annoyed I can't use it. The speaker works with my phone and sounds great, so I guess I just need to wait.

Diagnostic: 1416430351

In the app, it says you can downgrade product to S1. Would that revert to a working software patch?

I'm a new SONOS customer but not feeling the love yet.

Userlevel 2
Badge

No, I think that refers to the version of the Sonos App, not the speaker.

No, I think that refers to the version of the Sonos App, not the speaker.

OK, thanks. Should we lodging complaints individually to Sonos to get more traction on this?

https://en.community.sonos.com/speakers%2D229128/bluetooth%2Dconnected%2Dbut%2Dno%2Dsound%2D6887160?postid=16688473#post16688473

Userlevel 1

I’ve been hoping for an answer on this since the day it was first reported. I have the same issue, Era100 and a Sony PS-LX310BT that I just purchased recently, specifically to use them together. Both were working fine until after I installed the most recent Sonos update and the turntable pairs with my portable bluetooth speakers no problem. You really need to fix this ASAP. The most recent update is clearly the problem, since all of us have the same equipment, same issue (successful pairing but no audio), and it all started after we updated. 

I definitely expect better than two-week wait for an issue this widely reported for the premium we pay for Sonos. I will return my Era if we don’t get a response on this soon.

Just got my turntable today solely so I can connect via Bluetooth and I’m having this issue too, anyone have any updates?

Exact same issue here as reported by others, Sony PS-LX310BT Turntable connects but no audio out of sonos era 100 speaker. Was working until two weeks ago. Very disappointed as bought the speaker specifically for this use.

Also very disappointed with “live chat” service, can’t even connect with anyone to report the issue - useless. Will continue to check here for updates but considering returning speaker as many have mentioned here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Keterelyon et al

Thank you all for your feedback on this, we greatly appreciate it. We understand that you are eagerly waiting for this to get fixed, and while we can't give an exact date, we can share that we have narrowed down the issue and internal teams are currently testing a possible solution.

To set the correct expectation for everyone: There will not be a fix released before the year end, since more testing needs to be done to make sure the fix actually works.

While we don't have more information right now, we will of course share any news, in the main related thread linked below, once we do.

This is such a shame that this has happened because I have had to spend out additional money to make my system work, i.e. The line in adapter and a male to female convertor too. Is there any compensation for those left out of pocket by your mistake? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @WintonGuy 

That's out of my powers to do, so I would recommend contacting our support channels in this case to see what resources they have available for you in these circumstances. If you bought direct from our store, you'll get 100 days Money Back Guarantee period anyway, so that shouldn't be a problem, but we can't refund you for anything that you did not purchase from us.

Having said all that, I honestly can't tell you or give you any promises.

I hope this helps.

I have given up on the Bluetooth as the speakers and turn table are useless if it doesn't work.

So I bought the Sonos line in adapter so LPs can be listened to.........could take a long time for a patch fix to appear.

Mind you, Sonos should refund the £20 it cost me for the adapter, but not much chance of that. 🤭

Could I ask did you also need to purchase and RCA to 3.5mm jack to connect to the Sonos adaptor? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yes I did, I think I paid £6.99 from Amazon.

Glad I did buy the cables as I suspected it won't be top of the urgency list to fix.

I think that's what I will need to do too. So frustrating that I will need to spend nearly £30 to get a connection. Thanks for the reply though. Much appreciated. 👍

Yes I did, I think I paid £6.99 from Amazon.

Glad I did buy the cables as I suspected it won't be top of the urgency list to fix.

Did it work for you with cables? I have the same problem, I bought an RCA to 3.5mm adapter but it still doesn't sound. It can barely be heard very low on the turntable, but not o  the speaker. now I have to buy an amplifier to connect all the cables

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yes it did work.

You shouldn't need the amp.

Did you buy the genuine Sonos line in usb c adaptor?

Did you look in the Sonos app to make sure it had been recognised.

If you have done all this and you are still having issues, call Sonos tech support.

Don't waste your money buying an app, you don't need one. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Claus_vb You mean a preamp? Your turntable does not have a built in preamp?

Same issue here - Era 100 pairing with Sony PS-LX310BT and no sound playing. System had been working brilliantly for months until recently. Hope they get it fixed soon.