Answered

MF M5si for turnable for passive speakers but want to use my sonos amp for streaming to passive

• 21 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I have arc, port, 2 one sl surrounds, gen 3 sw.  I also have the amp.

Now have have a turntable with the musical fidelity m5si powering mh turnable sending to my Denton 85’s. 

Is is possible to connect the amp to the m5si so I can use the amp as a streamer for my iTunes?  If so how? This is the first priority without having to get a streamer. e.g. mx stream from musical fidelity.  The m5si has USB port.  Will sonons HDMI to m5si USB port work?  Of do I need to add a dac then Sonos amp to dac to m5si?

My turnable and arc are in the same room.  I can stream over the arc setup but I prefer the dentons.

I keep arc home theater for spatial audio in TV.

Please let me know.

icon

Best answer by ratty 21 October 2022, 16:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

The Amp has no digital output. Nor for that matter does it have line-level analog outs.

You’d need a Port, connected to the M5si via RCA.

The Port’s coax digital out cannot connect to the M5si’s USB input.

so I buy the port via RCA then I am good?  I can now stream via airplay to m5si?  if so then I am happy

Yes, the Port supports Airplay. 

The Amp has no digital output. Nor for that matter does it have line-level analog outs.

You’d need a Port, connected to the M5si via RCA.

The Port’s coax digital out cannot connect to the M5si’s USB input.

Never mind.  My mistake.