Question

Bridge not working

• 2 December 2016
  • 8 replies

I try to connect or add my bridge through the SONOs console but it doesn't seem to recognize it and no bridge lights come on. It times out without connecting. I've tried all the fixes suggested (power off/on, router cycle, etc). I've tried to connect with desktop which is hardwired to the system - no luck. Please help with a solution.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

The Bridge worked for a few years but when I powered down recently, it wouldn't come back. It does seem to get quite hot to the touch but that may be normal.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Could have gone bad.

You can check if your sonos system as a whole is working ok by taking one of your other speakers and hooking it to the router so it will act as bridge. Then at least you can narrow it down to definitely being the stand alone bridge issue.

You could also try a factory reset of just the bridge while you have the rest of the system back up with the speaker attached to router.

factory reset and then see if it will add back using (add Sonos component in settings). If it adds back hook it to router. wait about 10 minutes then remove the speaker from router and continue on as normal.
PLAY:5 (gen2), BOOST, BRIDGE and SUB:
1.Unplug the power cord from the electrical wall outlet.
2.Press and hold the Connect button while simultaneously plugging the power cord back into the electrical wall outlet.
3.Continue holding the Connect button until the light begins flashing amber and white.
4.Once reset, the light will flash green, indicating the product has been reset and can be added back to your Sonos household.
Thanks Chris. Here is what I did:
> plugged in Play3 to router with ethernet. Router recognized line (no router recognition when bridge was attached). I added a bridge through console. Console recognized a device was connected to router. White light on Play3 on all the time. Continued with add and it added the Play3.
> I exited sonos console and reopened. checked the system to see if boost was part of network. Sonos says that I have no Boost in my sonos system. I looked at my speaker settings and it doesn't say anything about it also acting as a Boost. How do I tell if my Play3 is also acting as a Boost?
> I tried factory reset of the Bridge and no lights came on so does that indicate the Bridge is toast?
Lableebar
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
With the play:3 attached to router it will be acting as bridge. If you go into about my Sonos under settings you will see network indicator on each speaker of Wm:0. That means it is operating as sonosnet with bridge.
Thanks Chris. Both speakers indicate Wm:0. Now that we've established the sonos system is working fine, I'll try my Bridge device again. I see this may be a discontinued product by Sonos.
Chris
I have reconnected my Bridge device and it did not work. It's officially dead. Can you please send me a replacement device. Thanks
Lableebar
Chris is not Sonos. Nor am I.

In fact I very much doubt your BRIDGE itself has failed. The usual situation is that the power supply loses voltage with age. If you can test it with a meter it should put out a steady 5.1-5.2 V DC. Anything less, and varying significantly, indicates problems.

A compatible power supply can be obtained from Amazon for not very much money.
Thanks for the informative reply. Sorry for the Sonos confusion. I will get another power supply cable and test the Bridge device.