Answered

Turntable connections with diagrams

• 1 January 2019
  • 4 replies

Are there any available diagrams that show options for connecting turntable to the sonos system? What is the preferred method?
Why does the playbar not have more inputs? Very discouraging for us trying to build a sonos system.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 1 January 2019, 21:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I'm sure there are some buried in posts somewhere, but it's fairly simple:

Turntable>pre-amp>Sonos line in (PLAY:5, CONNECT, CONNECT:AMP, Sonos Amp)

The PLAYBAR is designed to be connected to a TV as a TV speaker. It has 3 speakers inside of it, a left, a center, and a right speaker.
Turntables are connected to Sonos via the Line-In on selected units. Here are some detailed instructions on using the Line-In, including instructions on a turntable and the need for a pre-amp:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1080?language=en_US
Thanks for the advise and the replies. Another question.....Which one would you recommend (PLAY:5, CONNECT, CONNECT:AMP, Sonos Amp) considering we'd like to utilize two playbars and (6) playOn?
Thank you
Utilize them for what? For the turntable, they're all exactly the same, an analog input.

Generally speaking, I'd avoid the CONNECT:AMP at this point, and go with a Sonos Amp, it's got a better wifi card in it, more power, and is AirPlay 2 compatible. Probably some other things that I can't think of at this moment (oh, an HDMI input, too).