Question

Sonos ZP120 with Sonance IS4 SST

• 4 August 2017
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I would like to setup a stereo pair of speakers Sonance IS4 SST (8 ohms nominal, 6 ohms minimum, 100 watts RMS) with a Sonos ZP-120. Would the Sonos be powerful enough ?
Besides, if I want to connect as well a subfoower Sonance ISW (8 ohms nominal, 6 ohms minimum, 100 watts RMS) to the same Sonos ZP-120, I understand that the subwoofer line out of the ZP-12 is not amplified and that I will need to connect it to the line-in of a subwoofer amplifier (like the Sonance A-800) which will in turn be connected to the Sonance ISW subwoofer.

Any insights would be appreciated !

Many thanks !
Lionel

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hello, lionelo thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Those speakers appear to fit our requirements however you may want to refer to our FAQ for more specified information: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/269

Regarding the subwoofer setup you're correct and will need a powered sub or an amplifier that accepts a subwoofer Line-In connection. Let us know if you have any additional questions.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hi lionelo,

Welcome to the Sonos Community.

- A ZP120 is powerful enough to use with a pair of the Sonance IS4 SST speakers. The ZP120 has the ability to power a pair of 8ohm speakers, but they would distribute the power to 55 watts per channel. However, this should not impact the quality and power of the sound.

- As for powering the Sonance subwoofer with the ZP120, you would need an amplifier or powered subwoofer pair with it.

I hope this helps, if you have any other questions please let me know.